Author Topic: Thin Crust one more time  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Thin Crust one more time
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:33:11 PM »
I think my next thin crust will be left in the cooler for 24 hours then left on the counter for 8 hours.
Should be interesting.

Randy

Offline PepesWhiteClam

• I'm a llama!
Re:Thin Crust one more time
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 08:16:42 PM »
Just a quick question.  I notice your trying alot of different things for a thin crust but in one post you said "The best thin crust recipe is still the one DKM and Steve use."  What is that recipe?  Why are you trying other things other than that and what are you hoping it will do?  Sorry, I may have missed some other posts - i was just curious.  

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 09:06:12 AM »
I guess I don't see the point of holding a dough for over,,, say over two or three hours. IMHO. :-\

But,,, If you all are going for a "flavor",,, Try a salt rising yeast sponge, and make a crust outta that!!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 09:09:40 AM by Trinity »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 07:13:53 PM »
It always helps me develop a pizza recipe, that is making changes and test the envelope.  Steve and DKM do the same.  Seems like we are never quite satisfied with just good when better maybe just around the corner.
DKM uses a thin crust that rises on the counter for 24 hours.
Here is DKMís page.
It is mighty good.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/pizzainnstyle.php

It is a quest that I would think will never end.

Randy

pizzapan