Author Topic: Giant Fried Pizza  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Giant Fried Pizza
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »
Had left over pizza dough and also some leftover ricotta, mozzarella, and salami. This big beauty was fried in olive oil. One of the best attempts yet at using leftover dough. The flavor of this 2-day, room temp dough (held an additional day in the refrigerator) really got a boost by frying in olive oil. I've used this batch of oil twice, keeping it the refrigerator between uses, and it seems to be holding up well. Not sure how many times I can reuse it, but I intend to find out.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Giant Fried Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
Very Nice Bill!
I allways make calzones or rolls with the leftover dough.  When I get the  word from the crowd to "stop making pizzas we cant eat anymore!" I go into the calzone roll-up mode I'll post a few pics tonight. Rolls are a great snack freeze well and can be made from just about anything I have in the fridge. Simply stretch out a whole dough 1/4 it 4 equl pieces.  Fill the big (semi round) end away from the point and roller up
Love it!
Do you season your ricotta? I find it too bland without some Parmigiana reggiano and various other pizza spices.
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Giant Fried Pizza
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »
Do you season your ricotta? I find it too bland without some Parmigiana reggiano and various other pizza spices.

The filling included a bunch of diced Fra' Mani salami that added an incredible flavor. No added salt was necessary. My dough also tends to the salty side.

Bill/SFNM