Author Topic: Chicago Style Pizza  (Read 1348 times)

Offline FLAVORMAN

• I Love Pizza!
Chicago Style Pizza
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »
This is a short note to all Newbies...I am longer in the process of trying to recreate Lou's or Gino's deep dish. My advice to all is to try one of the many recipes posted on this website for deep dish pizza. For the life of me why would anyone want to duplicate the above as I have for so many years. Make one of the many recipes with semolina or no semolina etc. and they will all beat Lou's and Gino's. Trust me,with butter, no butter, Crisco no Crisco etc. if you follow one or more of the deep dish posted you and your family or company will be very, very pleased. Get yourself a good pan as suggested on this website, get great ingredients as suggested, watch your baking time  and temp. and boy oh boy you will you have created something you will enjoy forever. This could be my last post and I can't tell everyone how informative this site is, the work so many pizza lover's have contributed and last but not least  "Peet-zza", BTB, LOO and so many who keep us all in line and spend so many hours answering questions and making sure posts are proper and informative. Thanks to all and my home final recipe is a result of many hours of reading and digesting what you all have suggested,   I give up and my wife says no more trials...we are satisfied and make deep dish 4-5 times a month..Good luck to all and no way could Bobby Flay beat Mark..   Flavorman

Offline Gordie

Re: Chicago Style Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Well, Thanks for the support!  I am very new and am kinda overwhelmed by all the information.  Is your final home recipe published in this forum?  I would very much appreciate seeing your final recipe.  Thanks again for the encouragement to just do it.

Gordie