Author Topic: Rollizza - Folded Pizza Snack  (Read 2655 times)

Offline solconnection

Rollizza - Folded Pizza Snack
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »
Back when i was young they used to sell this snack at the school canteen, i am pretty sure it was called a 'rollizza' but i cant find anything on it on the web.

basically it was like a folded pizza snack, the dough was thin, soft and had a slightly floured coating, inside was mozz, tomato sauce and thyme (these are the 3 most memorable things about it anyway). I guess the dough was somewhat like lebanese bread, but was softer and not really crispy when baked. For a school canteen, i remember it tasting quite 'fancy', im sure the idea could be expended to make lovely little calzone like snacks. Its been a long time since i had one of these or even seen them for sale, so applogies if this is all a bit vague.

a. Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?

b. Any ideas on creating a snack like this? specifically, the dough/bread

have a nice day
-Dan

Offline solconnection

Re: Rollizza - Folded Pizza Snack
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:35:59 AM »
Incase anyone is interested, i re-created this using the thin and crispy recipe on the front page http://www.pizzamaking.com/thincrust.php and filling it with sauce, fresh mozz, dried fresh oregano (does that make sense heh) and dried thyme. I also put some thin sliced mushroom in it.

It turned out great and was very close to what i remember.

have a nice day
-Dan

Offline Kristof

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »
Hi Dan,
Awesome you remember.
Here is the good news - I also remember.
In fact, I know all too well the recipe and how they were made - My family used to make them. They will still S$%t on the market today.  Very innovative, 98% Fat Free with none of the added preservatives that are common in pizzas today.
I also own all the Intellectual Property for them.
Would you be up for a come back?
Kris

Offline Buffalo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
Kristof;
How about posting a picture of the finished product so that we can
all relate to what the discussion is actually addressing. ??? ;D
Thanks
Buffalo

Offline Kristof

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »
Buffalo,
This discussion is actually addressing the query if anyone is aware of the product.  It would appear your contribution suggests you are not, and hence is consistent with the discussion.
Otherwise, the photos will surface at the right time, at the right place - Ill let you know then where you can find them.
Kristof

Offline Buffalo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
Kristof;
Thanks for setting me straight...guess I'll just wait for the right time and the right place.
Buffalo