Author Topic: Has anyone seen the Pizza making dvd  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Vlap

• PetMarkersUSA
Has anyone seen the Pizza making dvd
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »
Secrets From Inside The Pizzeria- Beverly Collins (dvd)

I was wondering if this dvd was worth buying?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000VK90ZU/?tag=pizzamaking-20

I just noticed there was a link to it on the home page of this forum. Should I take that as an answer?  :D

I was going to order it along with Peter Rienhart's book "American Pie"

Offline Kemosa

Re: Has anyone seen the Pizza making dvd
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
I purchased the CD a couple of years ago and actually still use her pizza dough recipe over some of those listed here.  You'll see here on the forum through previous posts that her material is not revolutionary to pizza making.  Probably true but it still works for me.  It's cheap on Ebay if you want to give it a try.

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi Vlap,

I'm pretty sure the links you see are to help generate revenue for the site, so take that for what it's worth. I liked to have some books etc to help as I started so I bought "American Pie", and while I like the book and the stories I haven't used it to make pizza. I haven't seen the DVD you, s can't comment on that. However the info on this site is incredible and pretty well organized when you get used to looking for it. It is far more valuable than any book or DVD IMO-members have even posted some excellent videos on Youtube that show shaping etc.

Not sure if that answered your question or not  :-[ so... I would use this site and take the money and buy another book...one with great photography like "A16 Food+Wine" or maybe "Saveur Cooks Authentic Italian" (two of my more recent purchases).

Jeff

Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline Vlap

• PetMarkersUSA
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:42:06 AM »
The information on this site is top notch. I have no doubt of that. I just like to get my hands on information all the time.

Offline Art

• la pizza la mia vita!!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »
I bought it and found it interesting. Nothing that I hadn't already learned from this site. I'll be passing it on to someone to get them started making their own.  Art
When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.