Author Topic: My 3rd attempt at stuffed pizza. (pic)  (Read 2256 times)

Offline pizza shack

My 3rd attempt at stuffed pizza. (pic)
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »
I had posted earlier for some advice but didnít any response. Iím a baker from way back, and havenít made to many pizzas, mostly focaccia. I looked around this site and found all the info I needed, veary good info. I was looking for a good stuffed pizza recipe, with what I found and knowing a little about dough I experimented and came up with something I like.
One thing is Iím doing pizza in a conveyor oven, different techniques (itís suppose to be full proof, ha ha, Iím still learning). Iím in the process of opening a small place, in a small town, I want to have the best pizza I can, and the nearest pizza place is 12 miles, no competition.
Any advice is appreciated

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: My 3rd attempt at stuffed pizza. (pic)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:42:24 PM »
I had posted earlier for some advice but didnít any response.

pizza shack,

See Reply 1 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7599.msg65350.html#msg65350.

I don't have a specific stuffed deep-dish dough recipe for you but I know that there have been a few discussed on the forum, which you might be able to locate by doing a forum search. If you are able to find a recipe that can be converted to baker's percents, you may be able to use the deep-dish dough calculating tool at http://www.pizzamaking.com/dd_calculator.html to determine the quantities of ingredients needed to make any number and sizes of deep-dish pizzas you would like, including ones with a top crust.

Peter

Offline steve in FL

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
That really looks good!

I'm no pro (at pizzas that is) but if you have no competition in town, it sounds like you're in for a real profitable adventure, providing your pizzas and service are great..

The other day, the Food Network had a 'Throwdown' show featuring Bobby Flay attempting to compete with Georgio Giove, in which he lost. But what he lost out to was not surprising.. Georgio won 2nd place in Italy in the Worlds Best Tasting Pizza competition.. wouldn't it be good for you to include this recipe on your menu? It is located here ---> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/award-winning-pizza-recipe/index.html

Offline ElevenBravo

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:41 PM »
... Iím in the process of opening a small place, in a small town, I want to have the best pizza I can, and the nearest pizza place is 12 miles, no competition.
Any advice is appreciated

Looking good. I hope your endeavor is successful, pizza shack! I used to live in Toronto, Ontario (now Chicago). Although Toronto is far from a small town, I could not find anything close to a decent pizza in the entire city, let alone stuffed. I have a crazy dream about opening up an authentic Chicago stuffed pizza joint and wine bar in the theater district of Toronto and having everyone ask "Where the heck did this slice of heaven come from?!". I'd love to bring the tastes of Chicago to north of the border.

pizzapan