Author Topic: First PH Pan Pizza  (Read 2821 times)

Offline haybot

First PH Pan Pizza
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
I just finished eating my first attempt at the Pizza Hut style Pizza recipe from the Front Page (the modified Version with half the dough by Pete-zza) and it came out really well.

The only thing that didn't go right at first is that it didn't rise after 24h in the fridge at all. So i took it out a little earlier, covered it with a wet towel and put it in the oven at roughly 50C and it doubled and filled the pan completly.
For the cheese i used both grated and fresh mozarella.

My only concern was the sauce but i mixed together a can of diced tomatoes and some tomatoe paste for the thickness, added a little oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and it tastet really well.

The Crust was really good and the overall taste was pretty close to pizza hut (at least the german pizza hut, the taste is a little bit different to the american but i think thats mostly because of the cheese). The only thing i will change next time is to rotate the pan in the oven because the crust was a little to dark on the back side.

On to some pics:

Offline anton-luigi

Re: First PH Pan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
Here is a good base for a Pizza Hut style sauce

1   8 ounce can of tomato paste
1/2 C water
1/2 TSP oregano
1/2 TSP basil
1/2 TSP garlic
1/2 TSP marjoram
1/2 TSP salt

stir together and (heat on low heat until heated through if you feel you need to cook it,  it works well without cooking to me)

I have added 1/2 TSP to 1 TSP of honey with good results as well,  if you like a bit sweeter sauce.