Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan by JConk  (Read 6818 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Pizza Hut Pan by JConk
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
Did the pizza Hut Pan recipe on the recipe forum.
It was very good! and I must say it tasted very close to P Hut pan with less grease.
The dough really took off in the fridge for 26 hours, check pics. I split dough into my 2 9" Black pans and it rose above the top of the pan!  on 1 pie I removed a generous chunk almost half the dough then let rise for about 1 hr again. With the other I let it go and it rose to the top of 1 1/2 pan these are  pizza hut pan pizza pics not deep dish so its a lot of bread. finished cooking at almost 1 3/4" thick! Beautiful golden crispy crust from Oil. Although the crumb looks tight and firm, the dough was very very soft and tasty, not tough or chewy at all, I would say soft and almost cake like. I used AP flour not Bread or High gluten would that open it up a bit? I will do this one again and cut potion and do the room rise longer to get a more open crumb. Must say though it really tasted like the Pizza Hut pan pizza I remember. Thanks to the poster! XPHmgr here they are.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:19:59 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Flagpull

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut Pan by JConk
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
JConk- It looks good!

I really appreciate what you've been doing lately. Definitely seems like youre willing to try a wide variety of pizzas. Whats your favorite so far?

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
John...

GREAT photos!

Frankie G

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 03:02:29 PM »
.....yea John, I agree with Flagpull.

You are turning into a Pizza Making Machine out there back East...soon you will be a pizza Guru.
Are you still using the Wood Fired? Or is it too cold?

Nice pies, keep it up :)

Chris

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
No The wfo is closed for the season. Hence the exepriments
Not a Guru at this point but really having some fun with this site and all it offers

Flag pull My favorite I think was the deep dish w/semolina

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:44:24 PM »
definitely going to try the deep dish.  the pics were just too good.

C'mon John... don't let a little thing like 30 below affect the wood fired oven!!!! :-D

Frankie G

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:30 PM »
I know I know. Bill /sfnm goes all year. Its not oven or outside temp. I love the cold! and play Paddle Ball/tennis outside all winter.  -2 all day tournament last saturday so I am not a wimp Frankie ;) , and it allows me to eat more pizza! its the disaster and trail it leaves throughout the entire house with the snow and salt. It just does not mix with hardwood and tile 1 month to go

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
Awesome looking pies!!  Where did you get the pans from?  I'm having a tough time finding those "seasoned" iron type deep dish pans.  Your pics are making me hungry, I might have to try this recipe soon.
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
PC7 ,
These are allied metals 9 x 1.5 inch "black buster" pans.  www.alliedmateals.com is where you can view the 100 or so they offer But to purchase I have a resturant supply store very close to where I work ,who will get me anything I want with 20% off to boot! After talking to the manager and showing him some pics of the WFO and outdoor Kitchen he knows I am serious. Beside I have bought a ton of stuss from him getting set up from pans topeels to shakers to ladles... so he set me up under Conklins Cucciana with my own account. There are some good people still out there. Let me know and I can get any pan on the site you want. I am liking a 14" for cracker and just got a 12" for deep dish I feel beyond that is kingsize. I saw a 16"X2" deep dish and it looked like a flying saucer :o I like to do at least 2 pies the 2 9" feed a family of 3 1/2
John

Offline BTB

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:14 AM »
These are allied metals 9 x 1.5 inch "black buster" pans.  www.alliedmateals.com is where you can view the 100 or so they offer. 
John this link goes nowhere and even if you correct the spelling of materials and look for alliedmaterials.com, it shows a company that makes flags, gunstocks, facemasks, weapons ordnances, and puzzles, but I didn't see any offering of pizza pans.  Do you have another link?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:35:34 AM by BTB »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
Do you have another link?

BTB,

I spent a lot of time at the Allied Metals website recently, and the URL is http://alliedmetalusa.com/.

Peter

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
Yes,
Sorry for the poor spelling! allied metals does offer some great pans but you need someone to order them for you. not sold to public?
JC

Offline haybot

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:12:25 AM »
Is the Pizza Hut Pizza really that thick? I'm not sure but if remember it correctly but I think the Pizza Hut Pizza I ate in america was roughly 1 inch high with toppings and everything.

pizzapan