Author Topic: WooHoo You are inspiration!  (Read 913 times)

Offline debkauz

WooHoo You are inspiration!
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
My DH will only eat my pizza.  I've used a box pizza mix for a long time (yeah, I know...) but recently have started making my own dough.  I use the recipe in The Heart and Soul of Baking cookbook.
Well...tonight I made pizza and you all have inspired me!  I made one very thin crust with my usual onions, basil, pepperoni, shrooms and mozzarella cheese.  I had enough dough left for a second small pizza and made one with a mere slather of pizza sauce, fresh grape tomatoes, basil and goat cheese.  It was divine!
Thank you all for inspiring me!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: WooHoo You are inspiration!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
GO GIRL!   (deb?)
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline debkauz

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:39:04 PM »
Yup it's Deb.

Is there an introduction thread anywhere?  I always feel weird if I join a forum and can't introduce myself.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »
Deb
Welcome aboard! If you have a question there is an area for Newbie questions. You can post there
I have only been around for like 3 months others members I see in older threads from 4-5 years ago!!
I can tell you this if you are interested in Pizza Making there is no greater resource I have found.
Honest comments, reverse engineered pizzas, great discusion and way too many topics, and pictures that make you drool :D
Never used a box but I started a few years back using frozen dough, Viscaso pizza sauce and a stone with what I thought  were good results? Guess what I have not bought a frozen ball in  3 months  ;D
Fortunately I was able to talk wifey into the outdoor brick oven, and now If I bring home 1 more $50 deep dish pan .... lets just says she thinks I have taken it a bit too far NO WAY Mom
The fun too me is making all these different styles available here on the forum I have tried Deep dish, cracker, NY... and like Jeff V says " hey if you can do it"
Have fun and Good Luck with your many Pizzas to come.
John
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:27:36 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com