Author Topic: Adcraft Aluminum Pizza Tray  (Read 2388 times)

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Adcraft Aluminum Pizza Tray
« on: February 25, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »
I just recieved two 18" Adcraft aluminum pizza trays. Talk about being pleased. They add a certain level of professionalism to the presentation. I ordered them form foodservicedirect.com for less than $7.00 each. I also managed to locate a $5.00 off coupon for my first order which offset the shipping.

Only problem I can see is that a 15" - 16" pie looks puny on an 18" tray.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Adcraft Aluminum Pizza Tray
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 11:34:47 AM »
pft,

This may be a dumb question, but can you cut pizzas on those trays without gouging them, or are they more for presentaition after a pizza has been cut into pizzas?

Peter

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:43:25 AM »
I was concerned about the same thing. So with last night's pie I decided to risk my sub $7.00 investment and cut the pie on the tray. I was actually more concerned about dulling the pizza wheel than damaging the tray. After cleaning the tray, I noticed very slight cutting marks from the wheel but nothing that was upsetting.

If I had to do it all over again I would order 16" trays so that there was a better fit ratio between pizza size and serving tray.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Italyalatt

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 02:45:43 PM »
Invest in a short handled(or cut a long handle) wooden peel a bit larger than your pizzas. You can cut on that and then slide the pizzas on to your serving trays. I get about 10,000 pizzas per peel before replacing as long as they don't go in hot water. They also take on a character of their own with the many cut marks!
Regards,
Albert

pizzapan