Author Topic: Check out this freakin oven!!  (Read 5063 times)

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
Check out this freakin oven!!
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:48:59 PM »
This oven is insanely cool!

If ever make it to having my own shop this would be ideal!
http://www.remcousa.com/mill2000.html

watch the video too, cooks the pizza in 90 seconds:
http://www.remcousa.com/90sechigh.html

90 Second bake time for thin crust pizza!
Can bake 250 pies per hour!

WHOA! time to put one in my house hehe i wish

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: Check out this freakin oven!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 09:15:55 PM »
it's a neat gadget, I'll admit, but I still like a traditional pizza oven.

I'd really have to see this in action to say yah or nay.... the pizza looked baked on the bottom for sure,
but who knows if it was cooked all the way through.

Anyway it's nice to see something new, we all love gadgets.
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 08:08:44 AM »
On another note, up here in Canada, McDonalds... about 4 years ago brought out pizza.  Yes, pizza.   They spend millions on new equipment, a new oven that would make pizza is about 4 minutes.  They sold single sizes and also family pizzas.

They were in our Canadian McDonalds restaurants for perhaps a year and then just disappeared.  I tried that pizza once and wasn't too thrilled with it, although it wasn't "bad" it wasn't like a real pizza joint pizza.... it lacked something.

** anyway, as I was saying, so all pizzas just disappeared from McDonalds, I guess the sales just didn't take off, and you never heard anything more about it... **

One huge failure for McDonalds you can be sure, after the millions they spent on testing, and building these machines.

I wonder if pizza ever made it to the United States ? ... and if it did ( it must of ) .... does it still exist ?

To me it tasted like a Delicisso pizza ( Canadian company I think ) .... just think of your best American frozen pizza that rises like a real pizza in your oven.......... it was more like that........

We have commercials running all the time for this Delicisso pizza.... and you see these mobster guys saying " is it delivery? " and the other guys says " no it's delicisso" .... the mobster gets mad and says he wants a slice of this guy's business..... thinking Delicisso is some guy moving into his territory hahaha !

anyway the commercial is well done.... they are trying to show that people are fooled by this store bought frozen pizza because you would think it was delivered from the pizza joint.

In reality the pizza doesn't taste anything like a pizza joint pizza, .... but it's not bad for frozen.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 08:10:30 AM by canadianbacon »
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline JAG

• The passion of the crust!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »
canadianbacon,

McDonald's pizza was tested here, here being central Ohio in the early 90s. The test only lasted a short time and then fell of the radar screen (I thank the pizza Gods for that). Like you said, it wasn't very impressive, maybe if all the local pizzerias were closed and I couldn't make my own I would eat it.

In the states we have an oven rise frozen pizza called DiGiorno. It sounds just like your Deliciosso, same style of commercials too, it is one of the better frozen available in our area, as far as frozen goes.

P.S. Go Habs

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:52:47 AM »
I worked for McDonalds in Peoria IL during high school, our store was also a test market for Pizza. They weren't frozen. They were made fresh everyday on premade crusts. We were told the reason it failed was the ovens were unreliable. They were convection ovens and they broke constantly and couldn't keep the 625 degree temp the pizzas were supposed to be cooked at and they often went out undercooked.

The oven would burn our apple pies too.

Dave

Offline Repguy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:00:14 AM »
Before you get really excited about that oven, you might want to check out this link.

http://www.eurekastageline.com/millenium_2000_oven/millenium_2000_pizza_problems.htm

Offline Repguy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:02:02 AM »

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »
I have heard many times about problems with the units.  Those ovens are $60,000...  I do not get how they get a price like that. I had a call from some college in the midwest,  they were quoted $20,000.00 to reaplace the deck for the remco oven.
-JP-

pizzapan