Author Topic: All the N-50 Owners  (Read 2063 times)

Offline BCool

All the N-50 Owners
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:39:46 AM »
I am looking for a bowl and a spiral hook, is there a cheaper place to get them, from your experience, than from hobart?  Hobart says they only make a C hook, is that true?

Offline holorim

Re: All the N-50 Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:24:16 AM »
Hi BCool,

Bowls which can fit the 'classic bowl-lift Kitchenaid Mixer' will also fit the Hobart N50. If you want to get a cheaper one, then you will be probably interested by some permanent offers on ebay (but get in mind that these offers are not about genuine Hobart parts).

About the hook, the C-shaped model is no longer made and now replaced by the spiral-shaped one. If you want to get it, you will need to ask to a restaurant equipment suplier, however, there is one offer on internet well-known by the N50 customers. (As I'm a new user, I'm not allowed to write the URL here ... I can mail you the link if you want)

Good luck,
Holorim.

Offline Fingerstyle

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
Sure wish a spiral hook would fit my 6qt, but per KA no cigar, C hook only.

A great tip for C hook users (now seems so obvious, can't believe it didn't occur to me) when the dough ball clings to the C hook - just lower the bowl briefly (while still running) - I was shutting it off to push it down with a spatula. Works best for highly hydrated doughs.

I recently had the pleasure of using my friend's Hobart 30 qt. The spiral hook on that is a thing of beauty - like Arp sculpture. And the torque - WOW. Wish I could justify the expense of one. What a machine.
"... I say we ride some gravity." - Patrick Rizzo http://vimeo.com/1654340

Offline holorim

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »
Here are some shots of the N50 spiral hook.

@Fingerstyle : what is your mixer ? I believe that KA makes a spiral hook for some mixers of their line too, but I didn't tried it ...
(On the N50, I think that the spiral hook works very well but scretches the dough less better than the C-shaped hook).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:55:15 PM by holorim »