Author Topic: First Sourdough Hotel...  (Read 1247 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
First Sourdough Hotel...
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:20:32 AM »
I read this article about the world’s first sourdough hotel and really had to chuckle.  :-D http://www.virtuousbread.com/bread-and-conversation/laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank-not-us/

It seems the first sourdough hotel has opened in Stockholm, Sweden. http://city.se/emil/2011/04/28/stockholm-far-varldens-forsta-surdegshotell/

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

parallei

Re: First Sourdough Hotel...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »
Thanks for the link Norma.  Seems petty silly.  Now my starter is going to demand a trip to a day spa!

Offline texmex

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »
Silly.   :D

When my starter recently got a little too hooch happy and was acting the fool in its luxury townhouse I took a very tiny amount of it and gave it a new efficiency apartment to hang out in.  I would not let my starter anywhere near that hotel...we all know how decadent starter conventions can be.  ::) 
Reesa

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
Thanks for the link Norma.  Seems petty silly.  Now my starter is going to demand a trip to a day spa!

Paul,

I agree, the Sourdough Hotel was silly!  Guess your starter will now demand better treatment if you let it know about the article.   :)

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
Silly.   :D

When my starter recently got a little too hooch happy and was acting the fool in its luxury townhouse I took a very tiny amount of it and gave it a new efficiency apartment to hang out in.  I would not let my starter anywhere near that hotel...we all know how decadent starter conventions can be.  ::)  

texmex,

Your post had me chuckling more than the article.  :-D I don't know where you think up that great stuff, but I think your starter will do better in a new efficiency apartment.  Don't let any parts of your starter near that hotel.   :)

Norma

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
My starter, recently reactivated, lives in a goldfish bowl, it gets fed what ever flour I have laying around, I would consider it the Hobo of sourdough starters. It would scoff at the idea of a hotel!

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
Anyway, this guy looks like he'd likely do weird things with your sourdough.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Anyway, this guy looks like he'd likely do weird things with your sourdough.

My starter, recently reactivated, lives in a goldfish bowl, it gets fed what ever flour I have laying around, I would consider it the Hobo of sourdough starters. It would scoff at the idea of a hotel!

Mick,

Lol, your Hobo of sourdough starters  :angel:, and it not wanting to living in the Sourdough Hotel is funny!  :-D

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
 :-D Good lord! Of all the dumb ideas out there.  I guess it is true, a sucker born every minute.

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
mmmmhhh... i don't have a starter yet... You think I might go there and adopt a starter   ???  ::)

The lady at the reception complained : "Execute me, but the sourdough on room 314 was burping out loud and so gassy ! when I told him to behave he just got aggressively acidic. I think once he is grown up he will never make it to a decent same day dough ..."
Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
mmmmhhh... i don't have a starter yet... You think I might go there and adopt a starter   ???  ::)

The lady at the reception complained : "Execute me, but the sourdough on room 314 was burping out loud and so gassy ! when I told him to behave he just got aggressively acidic. I think once he is grown up he will never make it to a decent same day dough ..."

:-D Good lord! Of all the dumb ideas out there.  I guess it is true, a sucker born every minute.

Both of you guys..lol  :-D

I wonder how the Sourdough Hotel is doing in terms of guest.  I ever wonder if any sourdough starters are getting contaminated.  :o

Norma

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
I heard rumor there was a hooch drinking epidemic and two 100 year old starters were fighting while the rest were seen chucking TV's out of windows! 

scott123

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
...while the rest were seen chucking TV's out of windows! 

Rock and rolls!

Offline texmex

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
I ever wonder if any sourdough starters are getting contaminated.  :o

Norma

You know it!  They live to procreate!

Rock and rolls!

funny you mention this...I just created some "rocky rolls" with my newly consolidated starter.  It would seem old Chuck would rather "Loaf" around than being made into lesser consumables to match his smaller digs. He sure told me...cuz those rolls ain't consumable.  :-\  reminded me of Ellie Mae Clampett and her biscuits. 
Reesa

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
Rock and rolls!

I heard rumor there was a hooch drinking epidemic and two 100 year old starters were fighting while the rest were seen chucking TV's out of windows! 

Scott and Mick,

You guys sure are crazy!  Thanks for the laughs, or were you both serious!  8)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
You know it!  They live to procreate!

funny you mention this...I just created some "rocky rolls" with my newly consolidated starter.  It would seem old Chuck would rather "Loaf" around than being made into lesser consumables to match his smaller digs. He sure told me...cuz those rolls ain't consumable.  :-\  reminded me of Ellie Mae Clampett and her biscuits. 

texmex,

I wonder what they do with their offspring?  Maybe they might sell them to new people that want to try starters.  Poor old Chuck, maybe he might have benefited from a trip to the Sourdough Hotel.

Seems like Tom Lehmann posted not to long ago that some sourdough starters are worth serious money.

Norma

pizzapan