Author Topic: Ryan's NY style videos  (Read 393 times)

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Ryan's NY style videos
« on: July 17, 2016, 08:14:49 PM »
I've been wanting to make pizzamaking videos for years, but it just didn't happen. Now, however, my body keeps falling apart (multiple sclerosis and injuries), and I never know when I'm not gonna be here anymore. I might be here another 30 years or I might be here another 30 minutes. Consequently, I decided it's about time for me to make some pizzamaking videos.

I think these videos are very good and should be very helpful to basically anyone. I didn't make the videos in hopes of receiving attention; I made them to help people. Regardless, I'm very receptive to constructive criticism.

Since you'll probably wonder what the bandages are for, I'll just withhold the suspense. First, on April 27, I broke my right femur into at least three pieces. No bandages for this, but you can probably see some scars on my knee. Then, on June 17, I burned myself in the bathtub. It's hard to explain what happened (with both injuries), but I ended up with mostly second degree burns on my right leg, buttock, and a couple parts of me that make me a dude. There are also a few spots of third degree burns. Thankfully, not much.

I hope these videos are as helpful as I think they are. Enjoy.

Making dough:

Stretching and baking:

Ryan
http://www.ryanspizzablog.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: Don't necessarily believe anything I say here. My brain ain't quite right anymore (unless it is). If I come off as rude or argumentative, that's probably not my intention. Rather, that's just me being honest, to myself and everyone else; partly because I don't have enough time left to BS either you or myself. If you are offended by anything I say, it's probably because you think lying to people (to be "polite") is a good idea. I don't.

Offline PizzaJerk

Re: Ryan's NY style videos
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:38 PM »
Ryan, despite any limitations that you have you are a fine pizza maker. I always love to watch pizza making videos so I'm glad you decided to make one. Keep on going brother!  :pizza:

Anthony
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLunchRoomPenArgyl

Offline parallei

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
Nice work Aimless, and a useful/helpful video. :chef:  I'm happy to see you're still cranking them out.

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• I Do It For The Guests.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »
I just so happened to be making a tutorial on pizza making as well. Except your video is  filmed better than mine.
Gained a lot of insight watching this.

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• I Do It For The Guests.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 12:44:37 AM »
For constructive  criticism, I recommend grating a  Parmesan wedge.
Also, if it looks under proofed, just wait until you see activity. I use to wait HOURS until it doubled.

Great how you can hold the cooked pizza like that, mine would cave in.

Offline jstorres486

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
Great video Ryan!! Really appreciate it. Iam definitely going to try your dough recipe. Maybe 63% hydration and .30% yeast. Would love to know what you did for sauce looked nice and red.. anyways thanks for the videos and God bless you.

Offline Glutenboy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza & Sex -- Good? Great! Bad? Still okay.
    • My Pizza Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »
Great video, Ryan, and your pizza looked fantastic.  I was tasting it right through the monitor!   :drool:
Quote under my pic excludes Little Caesar's.

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:37:16 AM »
Nice ones, Ryan. Brave man  to declare that you've never lost one on launch. That's about the time I'd lose one.

So, at the end of the second video, you mentioned that you could tell after eating a few bites that you needed to raise up the yeast. What indicators lead you to that observation? I don't know how to tell if too much or too little was used post-bake.

Roy