Author Topic: Worst Foods in 2009  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Worst Foods in 2009
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:57:27 PM »
I found this list on the Men's Health website.

For all the deep dish lovers on this forum, don't think I'm trying to take the fun out of eating a great deep dish pie. However, if you love Uno's you might want to reconsider.

4. Worst Pizza of 2009

Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza

2,310 calories
162 g fat
123 g carbohydrates
4,470 mg sodium

A horrific 228 percent of your daily allowance of fat and 167 percent of your daily sodium intake.

3. Worst Starter of 2009

Uno Chicago Grill Pizza Skins (full order)

2,400 calories
155 g fat (50 g saturated)
3,600 mg sodium

This appetizer is like eating a Large Domino’s Hand-Tossed Sausage Pizza! Would you ever think of saying to a waiter: “Why don’t you start us off with a large meat pizza?” If you’re ordering for a party of more than 5 it might be OK, but for smaller groups, it's tilting toward gluttony gone wild.

The full list:

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20-Worst-Foods-2009/1_The_Worst_Food_in_America_of_2009.php

Just trying to look out for you guys!   ;)

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline artigiano

Re: Worst Foods in 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 12:25:05 AM »
That's why a lot of us here are making our own pizzas, experimenting and constantly learning from our experiences and with the help of others from this forum... so we don't have to eat that stuff if we dont want to.  Very informative post and yes, very good to know.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 12:33:47 AM »
Art,

Seriously, I wasn't trying to take away the fun of eating a Deep Dish pizza.

It's just that I think the fat amount, sodium amount and calorie count is outrageous. I agree with you...you're better off making your own. What I don't understand is how a company can consciously sell a product that can kill a person? That pie is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Take a look at the Blimpie "Veggie" Sandwich, for example. The name alone is misleading.

At least you have complete control of what goes into the pizza if you make it at home.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:37:40 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »
I read this a few days ago, and I love these lists. It is fascinating and shocking to see the stuff places put out for us to consume.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
" THE BACONATOR" Biggy fry, and supersize Frosty Will rock you as well!  :-D
j
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »
Yikes!  And that's for the personal size.  But on the bright side, this delicious bomb also supplies 32% fiber, 198% protein, and only 90% cholesterol daily values.  So just eat nothing but super healthy breakfast cereal with skim milk the following day and it should all balance out!  Ya think?

pizzapan