Author Topic: Any hot tub owners out there?  (Read 750 times)

pizzaboyfan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online moose13

Re: Any hot tub owners out there?
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 09:24:21 PM »

I agree!

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 09:46:17 PM »
Thanks! Either way you go, I'm sure it is the right decision. It's like my love of pie making. I won't make a living at it, and I will spend a lot of time and money. But it fills my heart and soul with overwhelming joy when it goes right. If you don't take chances, where is the fun when you succeed? If you purchase a tub, update us on your experiences. ;D

Online moose13

« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 10:19:25 PM »
You got it brother!
I say it all the time, it's just money and you can't take it with you.

I work in the oil and gas industry and troubleshoot problem wells for a BIG oil company we have all heard of.
I am a field guy and have done it for about 10 years now. Love it but the winters are brutal man. Summers are cake, we earn our $$$ in the winter time.
Gas and oil prices are up and production is down due to freezing wells and pipelines. So there is a lot of pressure to get the field up and running, and keep it producing. I spend most of the day outside breaking freezes in wellheads, lighting burners, gauging tanks and fixing heat trace/methanol pumps. Many hours per winter are spent digging out/pulling out stuck work trucks. Bottom line i am chilled to the bone for 4-5 months. Bought the wood stove a few years back and my wife keeps the house nice and toasty throughout the cold months. That always feels good to come home to a 80 degree house. A 103 degree hot tub would feel even better after a long day in the field! Goin for it!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:23:50 PM by moose13 »

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 10:38:43 PM »
After reading that, git one! Ifin I did that for a living, a hot tub would be essential. Gotta warm those toes and fingers.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 11:51:15 PM »
Moose,

Don't buy new if you are not going to use it.  The chems are very easy.  The shoveling in the winter is harder :).
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:13:38 AM »
Both my pool and hot tub are fed by a hot spring.

Offline TRRH

« Reply #46 on: Today at 12:15:57 PM »
Why do you keep it continuously hot?
Good question. It seems obvious that turning temp down when not in use makes sense( cents).....however, I haven't found any valid info. Re how low is too low (75F? 85F? 95F? based on cost of raising temp to 102F in summer and winter. Also, I don't have a timer that turns heater on and off at set times, thus I would have to lift cover a little to set temp lower and then list it again to raise temp...both result in some heat loss ...it's well below 0F in the winter. More importantly, I would have to be organized and predetermine when I am going to use it..and that's beyond my skill set  :-D
Fortunately, I do save some $$ on electricity by not keeping my oven on at 500F all the time for pizza

Cheers,

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #47 on: Today at 12:55:34 PM »
Both my pool and hot tub are fed by a hot spring.
We hate you.  :-D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online moose13

« Reply #48 on: Today at 12:56:29 PM »
Yes!  ^^^

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #49 on: Today at 01:23:17 PM »
At least it is only two. The nice thing is no chemicals are needed at it is always flowing and they  get drained regularly. The best thing is that people pay to use them.  That is part of my business.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #50 on: Today at 01:42:37 PM »
At least it is only two. The nice thing is no chemicals are needed at it is always flowing and they  get drained regularly. The best thing is that people pay to use them.  That is part of my business.
Ok, cowboy, that makes it a lil better....I never hate on a man that knows how to turn a dollar.  ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan