Author Topic: Any great (or even good) pizza in Indiana?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
Any great (or even good) pizza in Indiana?
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »
Hey All
I will off to Indiana sometime in the next 2 weeks for work.  I never quite know just where I will end up when, but luckily I am usually kept fairly mobile and tend to cover a decent area in a week.  One way or another I often find myself in Indianapolis, but I might get as far south as Evansville, and Fort Wayne and Lafayette are common stops - could be most anywhere.
I did a forum search and found Stop 50 in Michigan City and Tony's Place in Valpo so far. 
I would be most grateful for any suggestions anywhere in the state as I can adjust some stops and detours are always doable for the right motivation.
Thanks!
Hog

Offline Deacon Volker

Re: Any great (or even good) pizza in Indiana?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity to try his pizza myself yet, but I will. Over on the PMQ.com Think Tank forum, "Rockstar" is a frequent contributor.  His place, oddly enough "Rockstar Pizzeria" is in Brownsburg IN.  His website looks good, the selection of food choices inviting and I'm intrigued by his version of a the Hawaiian pizza by listing the ingredients as "ham, pineapple" (so far normal) with the addition of coconut and almonds and topped off with a dusting of ginger and cinnamon.  I'm interested and I'm not a big fan of the usual ham and pineapple pie!  I'd have to take someone with me because I am also very curious about his Carribean pizza...a honey mustard base with ham and bacon, topped with a fresh salsa made from pineapple, onion, tomato, banana peppers and drizzled with a jerk sauce.  THAT one has my attention.

I do what I humbly suggest is a pretty good "jerk chicken" pizza...but it sounds like this guy has moved it to a whole new level.

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »
PizzaHog:

While in Indianapolis, you might check out any of the 3 places below (not in any particular order)

Some Guys Pizza
6235 Allisonville Rd
Indianapolis, IN

Union Jack Pub
6225 W 25th St
Indianapolis, IN

Bazbeaux Pizza
811 E Westfield Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46220-1715
Let them eat pizza.

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!  I have them all noted and will see how many I can find my way to.

Offline bbear

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »
I have never actually been there ( Haven't been to E'ville in a couple of years, Live in FL now), but I have heard several people rave about this place...

Apparently very similar to Shakey's

Turoni's Pizzery & Brewery
408 N Main St

www.turonis.com

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
Hi Hog,

There are several Aurelio's Pizza restaurants in  Northwest Indiana, not as good as the mothership in Homewood, but the overall flavor profile holds up...give them a try, they never disappoint...

Dan
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

pizzapan