Author Topic: It's Friday again !!  (Read 1495 times)

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
It's Friday again !!
« on: January 28, 2005, 06:44:22 PM »
Hi guys,

well it's -14 degrees here, and the stove has been heating up now for about 40 minutes... it's smoking hot now  ;D

Just getting my dough ready for a couple of pies for tonight..... pix ? sure they will follow later on tonight.

Beer ? ... yeah, hey it's Friday, if you aren't drinking beer, then you are dead haha !, that's what my beer making groups says anyway,
and I agree ( burp ! )

Anyway ok talk to you guys in a bit, and happy Pizza baking !

Mark
www.YummyBeer.com
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re: It's Friday again !!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 07:52:08 PM »
I just finished my DKM thin crust Burp! It was good.
 ::)
Randy

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 08:19:56 PM »
Hi Randy, I saw the pictures, pie looks good !  ;D  wanna send me up a slide or 3  ;D  ;D

Here are the pix of my pizza tonight........

go here to see just images:
http://www.sendpix.com/albums/05012816/3v0gtavza3/

or go here to see a slide show:
http://www.yummybeer.com/jan-28/

Here's just one from the series

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 01:05:06 AM »
nice work dude!

I wish i could have joined ya tonight with the pizza + pics but i messed up my hand last week in a  baseball game, its puffed up and black and blue which means ixnay on the doughrollinay!

until next week!   :D

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:05:53 AM »
BTW, what are those toppings on there?

im thinking of making some dough tomorrow for superbowl pizza but i gotta see how the hand feels.

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
Hi Snowdy, yikes, that hand sounds bad....  :o

The topping on that, I forgot about that,,, all I put on there was cheese, and then Montreal smoked meat.

Smoked meat.... it's a Montreal thing, it's made from brisket .... some of the smokers on the group can tell us what it would be in
the United States.

Somebody said it would be "corned beef" but it's not the same thing.  Smoked meat is smoked meat and very expensive....

up here you will find served on rye bread, they pile it up about 3" thick, then you get a pickle on the side, coleslaw and an order of french fries
with it.  If you want to go the Belgian way, you dip your fries in mayonaise instead of ketchup.  Hey even NewYork Fries ( a franchise up here in Canada ) uses may now as one fo the dipping sauces for their fries...... it's amazing for those who haven't tried it.
I put a bit of paprika in my mayo in a small dipping container and stir it, for a little kick... if you want you can also put some cayene pepper in there
instead ( ohhhh good ! )

Mark

Offline Gils

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 11:27:50 AM »
Yep smoked meat is just that. A brisket that has been put in a smoker at a low temp for a long time with a bit of wood for smoke. Incorporates the smokey taste, plus alot of people put a spicy rub mix on the outside of them prior to smoking. The slow cooking allows for a longer more gradual cook that renders the meat very moist and tasty.

That pic has the look of corned beef, but smoking also creates a pink color. I bet that makes for a real tasty pizza topping.  Might even try it with a tomatoe based bar-b-q suace as a base if you can find one that is not to overpowering. Pizza looks good. Did I tell ya I was on my way there hehehe

Nice work,

Mike

pizzapan