Author Topic: pizza box  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Arthur

• When Brooklyn Was the World
pizza box
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:51:21 AM »
I ordered a pizza box to store my pizza dough in it while it was in the fridge and I had bad results.  I ordered it from a guy in NY who makes them for pizza shops.   It seems like the box lets enough air in that the dough turned hard on the outside.  I used oil to coat, but never had any luck even with taping the box closed.  I went back to my trusty ziplock, but was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with a pizza (dough) box?

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Re: pizza box
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 09:55:37 AM »
I just use large cookie tins to store my dough.  Can you post the link to the place you ordered the box from, just so we know where *not* to order from? :)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 10:35:03 AM »
I use the large 1.25 gallon plastic ice cream tubs. They're free once you eat the ice cream!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Arthur

• When Brooklyn Was the World
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 11:19:19 AM »
I actually bought it off ebay.  The guy sold them in sets of 5 but allowed me to buy 1.  It was wood (pine, I think) and thought it would be great based on what I read on PMQ.  I just searched for him on ebay but couldn't find a link.