Author Topic: Laminated Chicago Stuffed  (Read 852 times)

Offline CDNpielover

Re: Laminated Chicago Stuffed
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
those pies look awesome Steve!  :drool:

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
Steve, with all due respect to DKM on his early work on attempting to create a deep dish recipe, that is dark ages stuff.  The following myths have been shattered by the hard work of the groupsourcing of wisdom on this awesome forum:

- Cornmeal
- 7 minute knead
- 2 lbs of dough for one pizza

Have you tried any of the newer recipes here and simply prefer the DKM one?

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 01:58:53 PM »
Fantastic job Steve!  I have yet to try PGs recipe but I need to quickly.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »
Steve, with all due respect to DKM on his early work on attempting to create a deep dish recipe, that is dark ages stuff.  The following myths have been shattered by the hard work of the groupsourcing of wisdom on this awesome forum:

- Cornmeal
- 7 minute knead
- 2 lbs of dough for one pizza

Have you tried any of the newer recipes here and simply prefer the DKM one?

I used DKM's recipe because it's one of my tried and true recipes. I enjoy the cornmeal texture, and I found that the dough amount was perfect for my 15" deep dish pan. I didn't do the 7 minute knead, it was substantially shorter. BUT, with that said, I'm always willing to try something new. Will you please point me to one of the newer recipes?  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »
Fantastic job Steve!  I have yet to try PGs recipe but I need to quickly.

Nate

Yes, you do.  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 06:23:19 PM »
I used DKM's recipe because it's one of my tried and true recipes. I enjoy the cornmeal texture, and I found that the dough amount was perfect for my 15" deep dish pan. I didn't do the 7 minute knead, it was substantially shorter. BUT, with that said, I'm always willing to try something new. Will you please point me to one of the newer recipes?  :)

Ah, gotcha.  Tried and true means a lot, especially when guests are coming over!

BTB' Malnati's Clone With Semolina, which is a sticky for this forum, is outstanding.  The semolina will provide the texture that you like from cornmeal.  (No Chicago pizza purveyor is actually using cornmeal: that was a myth, an epic red herring.)  Try this one from that thread: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6480.msg157947.html#msg157947

My other favorite recipe is Ed's (VCB).  Maybe he'll chime in with the link to his latest.  It is a very detailed recipe, which is awesome, and the results never fail.

Cheers,
Garvey