Author Topic: Grande Cheese in the Northwest?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Grande Cheese in the Northwest?
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
I'm trying to find a local dealer for Grande Cheese or even a mail order place that's a little closer to the Spokane, WA area.  Only place I've seen it for mail order would be penmac.com and I'm sure it would be quite a bit for shipping from there.  Also, would you recommend whole or part skim?  Their website says that neither one will burn which is my first concern, and then also taste wise.  Thanks.
Tony
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Grande Cheese in the Northwest?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
Tony,

I recently saw a link at the PMQ Think Tank to a cheese company called Peterson (http://www.petersoncheese.com/template.aspx) located in Auburn, WA. If you check their product line, you will see that they carry the Grande cheeses. They may not sell to individuals and they may not ship, but you might try calling them to see if you can get a few names of their customers who might be near where you are in Coeur d' Alene. The customer may be a retailer or even a pizza operator and be willing to either order some Grande for you or sell you some out of their inventory.

Peter

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Re: Grande Cheese in the Northwest?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »
Hey thanks Peter.  Unfortunately, Auburn, WA is about 7-8 Hrs away from here.  I'm next to Eastern Wa(Spokane), not the Seattle area.  I suppose I can shoot them an email and see what they have to say about local distributors. 
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

pizzapan