Author Topic: Toppings that dont work  (Read 2113 times)

Offline slash picaso

Toppings that dont work
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
I had a pizza last night(tandoori chicken) from a new pizza place in my area,nothing out of the ordinary,until my pizza arrived.It was loaded with cheese(mozzarella) had pieces of chicken,the colour of which i can only describe as fluro pink and smothered in white ritarta sauce.My wife and i had much fun in trying to think up names for it,next time i will stick to Margarita,they also had a 'lollie'pizza which we did not try.Anyone else had or made toppings that dont work :pizza:oh the manager would not let me take a photo for you,next time if its still on the menu

Offline kmancpbh

Re: Toppings that dont work
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
I have also had a tandoori chicken pizza at a local Indian restaurant.

Tandoori chicken is indeed a reddish/pinkish color from some of the spices used and from being cooked in a Tandoor Oven.

The pizza is surprisingly good, but I feel it is because of the somewhat minimal ingredients used. The tandoori chicken used is about the size and is distributed as much as the mozerella chunks on a proper Margherita. Some red onion, a nice swirl of olive oil and a dusting of ground up, spiced chick peas are all that adorn the pizza. The crust is like a modified naan bread in texture, but is a true 10 inch pizza cooked in a Bakers Pride oven.

Your pizza sounds like it was smothered in cheese.....something I can see might not go well with Tandoori chicken.

I am not a big fan of artichokes on pizza.

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
Re: Toppings that dont work
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
I am not a big fan of artichokes on pizza.
Artichokes are one of my favorite pizza toppings. But, definitely not marinated artichokes, they're disgusting.