Author Topic: Posting pictures  (Read 9344 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Posting pictures
« on: January 25, 2005, 07:58:17 AM »
Just a quick note regarding posting pictures to the forum.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so keep'em coming!

But, I do have one small request. When you post a picture to the site, please consider "attaching" the picture(s) to your posts instead of using hyperlinks to pictures on other servers. When you use the "Attach:" feature, you are actually uploading the picture to this website which ensures that the picture will always be here and will load quickly (and won't steal bandwidth from an unsuspecting website.)

All you have to do is hit the "Browse..." button in the editor and select the picture on your local hard drive. Please note that the picture will not display until you click the "Post" button.

Thanks!! And remember, keep those excellent pictures coming!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 08:00:16 AM by Steve »
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
Re: Posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
What was the size and Kbs of the pics.
I just made a pizza today and I will post the pics.

-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:06:39 PM »
What was the size and Kbs of the pics.
I just made a pizza today and I will post the pics.

Each picture must be <= 128 KB in size. All of the pictures combined, for a single post, cannot exceed 512 KB.

Steve
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
Usually, a properly sized and compressed JPEG image will be less than 50 KB in size.

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:28:34 PM »
Usually, a properly sized and compressed JPEG image will be less than 50 KB in size.

oops,  :-[
my pics were just a little larger, I already posted so if they need to change in size I can change them if need be.

-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

Offline tonymark

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »
Everytime I post a picture is get the max 128 kb message with error.  My picture is 79 KB.  Why does this still happen?
Making Pizza is not cooking, it is Performance Art!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »
Everytime I post a picture is get the max 128 kb message with error.  My picture is 79 KB.  Why does this still happen?

Strange. Can you send the picture to me via email?

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »
I have just been told that my single picture is too big (slightly over 1 MB.) How do I compress it?

baker bill

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »
Right click on the image and select "Open With" and a sub menu appears and there should be an option called "Microsoft Photo Editor".  Once open, select the menu item "Image->Resize". Resize to 700 wide. Then Select "File->SaveAs" and rename the image, (or just overwrite your original image".  Back on the desktop, if you right click on the new image, and go to properties, it will tell you the new size.

Jeff

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 12:49:20 PM »
If you can't figure this out, just email the large photo to varasano@bellsouth.net and I'll take a look.

Jeff

Offline csacks

• It takes some big onions.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 06:25:01 AM »
Steve how to you make captions for pictures when you attach an image?  CraiG

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
What is the proper procedure to post a photo that is hosted on another site ? Is it [img] or [img src=] ?
Patrick

Offline Garlic head

• I need Garlic to survive
    • WKevin.com
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »
Just a quick note regarding posting pictures to the forum.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so keep'em coming!

But, I do have one small request. When you post a picture to the site, please consider "attaching" the picture(s) to your posts instead of using hyperlinks to pictures on other servers. When you use the "Attach:" feature, you are actually uploading the picture to this website which ensures that the picture will always be here and will load quickly (and won't steal bandwidth from an unsuspecting website.)

All you have to do is hit the "Browse..." button in the editor and select the picture on your local hard drive. Please note that the picture will not display until you click the "Post" button.

Thanks!! And remember, keep those excellent pictures coming!

I have a question regarding the bold text above. Is there a way to insert a picture without "attaching"? When I post pictures on boards such as these, I find it much easier to insert pics right from my website(via link). It's quicker for me and I have more control over where I can add text to the post (in between multiple pics). "Consider attaching" seems to be the only way to do that here. Am I correct?

Kevin

Offline sear

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
Here it seems if you want people to see your pics within the thread you are forced to upload them to this site.

i understand that you want to have pictures always be on your server but why disable HTML IMG code so people cant insert their pictures from websites that are designed for image hosting (photobucket.. etc) ??

if it was a post like a how to with pictures with a write up id upload to your server
but if its just pics of the latest pie, why not let me use photo bucket ?

Offline J. Michael

• Love thy Pizza
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »
Here it seems if you want people to see your pics within the thread you are forced to upload them to this site.

i understand that you want to have pictures always be on your server but why disable HTML IMG code so people cant insert their pictures from websites that are designed for image hosting (photobucket.. etc) ??

if it was a post like a how to with pictures with a write up id upload to your server
but if its just pics of the latest pie, why not let me use photo bucket ?

I agree. I take very high resolution pictures that range from 4mb to 6mb and upload them to photobucket which is built for hosting images. I have to upload to photobucket first, then drag and drop the images to my destop, the proceed to preview each image I want to upload and resize when I save. After all of this is done I "attach the file to the thread I am tryin to post in. Takes quite a bit of time to do so and I am one picture posting **'*.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I am new to this forum and humbled at the amount of people that love pizza as much as I do. I would just like to be able to post pictures from my photobucket account at actual resolution.
LaValle 4 Bean

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
I can only speak for myself, personally and as a Moderator, but I have discovered that links to image hosting sites like photobucket and imageshack can often go dead. There have been times where I wanted to reference a post to help out another member only to discover that all of the links in the post were dead. Without the active image links, the post was useless and sometimes that neutered the entire thread. And by that time, the member was long gone. Flickr seems to be less prone to the above problems.

Peter