Author Topic: DKM Attempt  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
DKM Attempt
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »
Here's my attempt at the DKM cracker style.  I'm actually not a big fan of cracker style but my boy is.  Pretty difficult dough to deal with.  It's funny, 5 people in this house and it seems everyone likes a different style of pizza   :-D.  Sorry if it's a little blurry(slice), been using my kids camera(convenience).  But, I think I'm going to have to start using my real camera from now on.  Anyway, here's my first attempt at a cracker.
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline Vlap

• PetMarkersUSA
Re: DKM Attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »
Looks great!

I am looking forward to trying to make a pizza in this style. I ordered a cutter pan and it should be delivered in a few days.

I have been scouring this section looking for any and all info and tips. Got any to add with your first attempt?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »
Vlap,

If you are planning to use a cutter pan to make the cracker-style, I suggest that you look at this thread: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5762.0.html. There are a lot of helpful tips given there. You, and Tony as well, should pay particular attention to the methods described there using heat to make it a lot easier to roll out the low-hydration doughs that are characteristic of the cracker-style pizza.

Peter

Offline Vlap

• PetMarkersUSA
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »
Will do Pete and Thank You for the link!!!

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
I would listen to Peter, he knows what he's talking about.  I might add a touch more water next time if the other didn't work out as well.  Anyway, that's about it.  I also think you could probably start it off on a screen then transfer to a stone if you don't have a cutter pan yet.
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
I would listen to Peter too and I have. but check my post of the cracker style too. JConk does craker and Polly want another cracker  I just want you to see the pics of the dough  veryt dry and brainy! gO FOR IT !
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan