Author Topic: time factor  (Read 1018 times)

Offline artigiano

time factor
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
What is the window of time a pizza dough ball generally is in its prime condition after a 21 hr (18+3) room temp rise?  How long do you have to work with it before it becomes over fermented after it is ready to flatten out for a pizza?  I know that it is still usable when it starts to become a little over fermented, however, what is the prime window period if it was around room temperature?   

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: time factor
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »
The following comment was previously mentioned ,unfortunately I'm unable to find the exact source now ???It may be of some help in your dilemma.

"Even using an high hydration dough (humidity permitting), thanks to the salt level (45 to 55g per litre), low amount of rise and also when using it, to the Crisceto (the acidity slows the enzyme activity), my dough is usable for up to 28 hours at room temperature. If I were not to use the Crisceto, I would probably use a bit more flour."
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline artigiano

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »
good to know, using a starter will give you some more time to use your doughs

Offline s00da

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:01:50 AM »
My last experiment with the Ischia could probably help you: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7859.msg68339.html#msg68339

It's not ideal but it should give you an idea. Many pictures!

s00da

pizzapan