OK. I'm back. lol.
I am again not happy with how my pizza making is going. I still seem to very often be having the same problems, and am not satisfied with how my pizzas are turning out. I'm not a good cook, but still feel I can get better at this, and have been working at it for months with limited success.
So, I've decided to do a long detailed post containing a list of my main problems, the recipe I'm using and my step-by-step routine of making the pizza, so people can here can tell me everything I'm doing wrong (be kind though please
First of all, my main 3 problems with my pizzas:
1. The dough seems too stiff. It's near impossible to shape without a rolling pin, it just shrinks back to shape otherwise. And trying to stretch it gets the base very uneven, and after time of trying to get it right, there will eventually be holes ripped in the dough. So a rolling pin is the only option, which I am not happy with. It's not light and elastic as the doughs in videos on youtube are.
This also seems to be the case when it's cooked. It looks and feels stiff, almost like a fake plastic pizza or something.
2. The pizza is slightly too chewy for me. This is sort of related to the first problem of the stiffness of the dough I expect.
3. The pizza seems very dry. In 2 ways actually. The inside seems sort of dry, not very moist at all. Which seems to add to the chewyness in my opinion. It doesn't melt in the mouth in any way. But also, it seems dry on the crust and bottom, and my mouth feels extremely dry after eating it.
Here's the recipe I am using:
Flour (100%): 225.06 g | 7.94 oz | 0.5 lbs
Water (58%): 130.53 g | 4.6 oz | 0.29 lbs
IDY (0.7%): 1.58 g | 0.06 oz | 0 lbs | 0.52 tsp | 0.17 tbsp
Salt (1.5%): 3.38 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.6 tsp | 0.2 tbsp
Oil (4.8%): 10.8 g | 0.38 oz | 0.02 lbs | 2.4 tsp | 0.8 tbsp
Sugar (1.4%): 3.15 g | 0.11 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.79 tsp | 0.26 tbsp
Total (166.4%): 374.49 g | 13.21 oz | 0.83 lbs | TF = 0.139
1. Put ingredients in breadmaker
2. Choose the setting. There are 3 on my breadmaker for dough:
"Pizza Dough" Knead (10-15 mins) > Rise (10-15 mins) > Knead (10 mins) Rise (10 mins)
"Basic" Rest (20-40 mins) > Knead (15-30 mins) > Rise (1hr 20 - 30 mins) <<<<<<< This is the one I use. I find it better than the "pizza dough" option
"French" Rest (40 - 1hr 55 mins) > Knead (10-20 mins) > Rise (1hr 45 mins - 2hr 40 mins) <<<<< Never tried this one
3. Remove from bread pan and put on floured work surface
4. Shape it (with effort)
5. Leave for 10 mins
6. Put on toppings
7. Put on preheated pizza tray and cook in preheated fan oven for about 10 mins at 500F
Wow. That took a while. Sorry to bother the great people here again, but if anyone has any suggestions, I will greatly appreciate them.