Author Topic: Todays Lunch  (Read 1127 times)

Offline PizzaEater

• I Love Pizza!
Todays Lunch
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
The family finished lunch a little while ago, each having their own. 4 - 10" pizzas.
Formula:

High Gluten Flour - 100%
Water - 62.1%
Oil - 4.5%
IDY - .5%
Salt - 3.1%
Honey - 3.4%
TF - .103

Added all dry ingredients to my Bosch Universal and mix with dough hooks for about 30 seconds. With mixer still running at speed 1, slowly drizzled about 3/4 of the water, then added honey and continued adding water along with the oil. Once a nice dough ball was formed mixed for 3 minutes at speed 2. Turned mixer off for 2 minutes. Turned mixer on and mixed at speed 2 for 2 more minutes.

Removed a slightly sticky dough ball and divided into 4 equal portions, formed into a ball, sprayed each with Pam along with the inside of 4 - 1 gallon zip-lock bags. Added a dough ball to each bag, zipped closed and let sit on counter for 15 minutes. Then placed dough alls in frig for 48 hours.

This morning removed from frig and let rest on counter for 2 hours. After 2 hours stretched into 4 10" rounds, sauced, added toppings and baked at 550 deg for 4 minutes.

Pizza's were outstanding.

My sauce was a 28 oz can of 6-in-1's, 5 gloves garlic, teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano, teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt.

My pizza was topped with sauteed portabella mushrooms, grilled onions and thinly sliced rosemary roasted potatoes, grated parmesan, provolone and mozzarella cheeses.

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: Todays Lunch
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »
looks perfect !! :pizza:
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
Dave,

Your pizza is actually more like a thin version of an American style pizza because of the high sugar (honey) and oil levels. I made and reported on several such pizzas at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1707.msg15310.html#msg15310, including one similar to yours in terms of formulation at Reply 8 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1707.msg15953.html#msg15953. I referred to the pizzas as crosses between the NY and American styles--thin because of the NY-like thinness and American because of the dough formulation.

Peter

Offline PizzaEater

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
As a note, I think my next formula will be the same except I'll drop the honey all together and reduce the oil by half.
Also I did forget to note, I will most likely drop the salt in the sauce all together if I use 6-in-1's again. This being my first time using 6-in-1's I didn't realize their relative high salt content compared to other brands. That said I really like the 6-in-1's and plan to make them a staple.