Author Topic: Pizzerias in Naples Italy  (Read 16416 times)

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzerias in Naples Italy
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 06:08:12 PM »
My favorite margherita came out of this oven.  See if someone beside Marco can name the pizzeria.

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 05:34:44 AM »
This is one of the pizzeria Scott has found closed....

When did you eat there?

By the way the oven is by www.sfallestimenti.it.

Ciao

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 07:21:16 PM »
I ate there this winter.  One thing my wife and I loved about it as they seemed to use a little less tomato.  Sometimes I think pizzerias use a little too much and it gets a bit wet...but still great.  At this pizzeria you would have a bite that maybe had a touch of tomato some oil and some parmiggiano....It was incredible.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 06:54:16 AM »
Brad, I love the pics of your daughter, what a cutie!

It was such a tease, the pizzeria was not making any pies, but since it was the last day of their vacation they had a fire in the oven (I assume to get the oven ready for the next morning?) while they were doing some heavy duty cleaning.   If I had planned my vacation to stay one more day I could have tried this wonderful looking pizza.

I was just wondering how long your pizza school was, and what the name of it is.
Also, are you glad you did it?

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 11:18:20 AM »
I think someone asked that before.  Sorry if it was you and I didn't get back to you.  I have been busy with construction that has come to a grinding hault waiting for the city, so I have some time to kill now.
I found the pizza school by contacting Caputo.  Antimo Caputo told me that Enzo Coccia, in his opinion, offered the best school for authentic Napoli pizza.  I was originally going to go to the course offered by the Vera Pizza but they cancelled it.   I found out while I was in Napoli from the Sec. of the VPN that they actually have never had a course.  They can only do it if they get 20 people to register.  Enzo will not take more than 5 for a course, so it is very hands on.  The full course is 3 weeks long, but if you don't have that much time he will work with you.  There was a chef there from Japan who could only stay a week.
I will support what Marco has said before, thinking you are going to go for 3 weeks and come back a master pizzaiolo is very disingenous.  These people work for years and years mastering their craft, Enzo has over 30 years of experience and he says he is still learning. 
If you have any other questions let me know, right now I am off to the city again to fight the good fight.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »
My favorite margherita came out of this oven.  See if someone beside Marco can name the pizzeria.

Il Pizzaiolo Del Presidente.  First on my list when I go to Naples.

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 10:30:11 AM »
Hi Matthew,

You must try Salvo. It was the best when I visited Naples.

Kind regards.

Barry