Author Topic: First PH Pan Pizza  (Read 5542 times)

Offline waynesize

First PH Pan Pizza
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
Made the PH Pan Pizza from the front page recipe (modified version).  Turned out pretty good for my first try.  I have been making NY style for about 10 or 11 months.  Decided to make the pan pizza for a change.  Crust was good.  Nice flavor.  Definitely not thin.  I do need to get a better pan.  The one I used came with a toaster oven that we have.  Worked OK, but needs to be deeper.  I will do this again.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re: First PH Pan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
Nice pictures and a good looking pizza.  I made this recipe as well for the first time last week.  As you said it is really good for a change.  Reheats from frozen really well.  Mine looked identical to yours so we must have done it right.  I will make this one again.

Randy

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »
waynesize,

That is a good looking pizza. In which respects did you modify the original recipe?

Peter

Offline waynesize

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »
Peter, I used the modifications that you suggested to get the correct amount of dough for PH pan pizzas.  Worked well for me.  Made the single 22 oz. batch.  Was a little more dough than I needed for the 12 inch pan I used.  Turned out well, and the wife liked it.  Thanks for your expertise.  I am learning alot from this forum.

Wayne

Offline GIBBY

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »
Is the crust kinda greasy/buttery like PH's? If so what did you use? That's the part I like the best when I go to PH.

Offline waynesize

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Yes, the crust has that oily bottom.  I used canola oil, because that is what I had on hand. Regular vegetable oil can be used as well.  Or regular olive oil, not virgin styles.  If you make your own, you will no longer want Pizza Hut pizzas.  Much better.

Wayne

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »
Is the crust kinda greasy/buttery like PH's? If so what did you use? That's the part I like the best when I go to PH.

To make this work you have to add the amount of oil to the pan the recipe suggest.  In a way it fries the pizza dough.

Randy

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:44:09 PM »
Waynesize,

Awesome looking pie.  It ACTUALLY looks like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, even down to the bottom of the crust.  Good job!
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
Wayne,
Picture Perfect bet it tasted just as good. Tell me about the amount of dough or where Peter discusses it. I used way to much for my 9" pans,  but have a variety of pans and want to try this again.
Thanks NICE job!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline waynesize

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »
John, Peter discusses his alternative PH dough formulation herehttp://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,4607.msg38909.html#msg38909

Offline waynesize

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
Doing this one again for the wife this weekend.  First one was done with only about four hours in the fridge.  Made and panned dough this afternoon for an evening cook tomorrow.  Curious to see the difference with the longer proofing in the fridge.

Wayne