By: Tom Lehmann
Compressed yeast 0.25
Olive oil 8.00*
Water (variable)(70F) 45.00
* For economy, a blend of 2% olive oil and 6% vegetable oil can be substituted for the olive oil.
How to Prepare:
1) Add the water to the mixing bowl, than add the salt and sugar to the water.
2) Add the flour, followed by the compressed yeast and butter if used.
3) Begin mixing at low speed and gradually pour in the oil over about 60 seconds.
4) Continue mixing for a total of about 4 to 5 minutes at low speed, or until about 1/4 of the flour is still seen as white, dry flour in the mixer.
5) Transfer the dough mix to a plastic tub and cover to prevent drying.
6) Allow the dough to ferment/rise in the tub for 4 to 5 hours.
7) Bring the dough to the bench and scale into desired weight pieces, then form into balls.
8) Place the dough balls into dough boxes, wipe lightly with oil, and cross stack in the cooler for two (2) hours. Down stack the dough boxes and nest to prevent drying.
9) Remove dough balls from the cooler 2 hours before anticipated use, and allow to warm at room temperature.
10) Flatten the dough ball(s) by hand and feed into the sheeter/roller to give a finished skin of desired thickness.
11) Trim the dough to the desired diameter using a knife or pizza cutter.
12) Apply slices of Mozzarella cheese to the dough skin, followed by the sauce and toppings.
13) Pizzas can be baked on the deck/stone or on a screen/disk if desired.