Author Topic: Peter Reinhart New-Style Pizza Dough (pg 114)  (Read 19954 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Peter Reinhart New-Style Pizza Dough (pg 114)
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »
Come to think of it Peter. This one is close to Papa Ginos! I used a bit of yellow cheddar and I do a little better with the rim (neater, smaller) and drop the cooking temp to 450 could be close?

John,

Maybe the cheddar cheese part but not the dough. The Reinhart dough recipe at page 114 of his book is closer in my opinion to a thin American style than a NY style.

Peter

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 02:31:41 PM »
After messing with Papa I had a dough ball from the above experiment for 3 days in the fridge which put it in freezer for 2 weeks took it out and then had 2 more days in fridge.
LOVE IT
Very workable to a nice thin skin I used the out dry up a bit and use on bottom technique Kinda looks a bit like TDeanes slices with out the Basil and Parm all over.
Heres a Really Yummy Pie! and 1 other William Sonoma dough I had kickin around. spring is coming and I am clearing out the freezer
I used the Food processor while I had it out for PaPa to dice 1 lb of Stella mozz. for these bad boys I had never used diced cheese before and you can see I may have been a bit heavy handed on the cheese but hey its good cheese  ;D
John
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:36:29 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »
So after Making 3 cracker crust pies I decided to try The Reinhart NY Style recipe again. This time I used  all Sir Lancelot flour and slightly different fermentation periods counter rise close to 2 hrs  after mixing , into fridge for 1/1/2 days then  1 1/2 hrs. in the warming drawer at 95 degrees. What a nice dough to work with smooth  easy to get to size I used a 335-355 G ball for the 14 inch pizzas. The result was pleasing a lot of rise, oven spring, (Gluten developement?) in the cooked dough and crust very flufly/light and crisp bottom yet still a touch chewy. I am getting closer all the time now to my local joints here in NJ. Hence I don't visit them much anymore.
Heres the mix of pepperoni and sausage pies. I used the same sauce and cheese combo as the Cracker pies
John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:53:10 AM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
And the Gran Daddy Reinhart! I wanted to try my new 16" screen! ;D

Offline NY pizzastriver

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
And the Gran Daddy Reinhart! I wanted to try my new 16" screen! ;D

Man, it's truly intimidating to see a 16" screen in actual use like this. Did you use aerial tosses or forearm slaps to get the dough so uniform?! Perfect pizza, I'll assume you guys are heating up the left overs now!

:-D

Btw the rest of the pizza's look excellent as well.  :chef:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:32:15 PM by NY pizzastriver »
"If God said you can come to heaven now, but you have to stop eating my pizza, you'd stay and finish instead, right?" - Essen1

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »
Striver,
Really just a joke my 3 yr old daughter loves to play with the dough a seen in my other posts Its impossible to get anything done til I give her apiece of dough or a slice to eat! I do have a 10" sceen also but I never tried a screen ! soo I had to try this out in the case I was doing the cracker and the NY at the sam time. I was prepared to slide a 14" ny in there some where after doing the cracker pies all in fun
John

Offline NY pizzastriver

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »
John, That's a cute story man, and it must be great to have such a young pizza fan! She also inspired a very funny pic, so double props.
"If God said you can come to heaven now, but you have to stop eating my pizza, you'd stay and finish instead, right?" - Essen1