Author Topic: 2 Days in Naples  (Read 2687 times)

Offline ebpizza

2 Days in Naples
« on: March 04, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
I will be in Naples for at least two days this summer. Trying to get recommendations as where I should go.
Based on other posts on this site, I've narrowed it down to the following. Not sure if I have time to try them all.

Da Michele
Antica Costa
Sorbillo Gino
Il Pizzaiolo del Presidente

Let me know what you think

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: 2 Days in Naples
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »
This is a repeat of similar info already posted elsewhere. ::)The ones you've picked are all very close together and IMO represent some of the best you will find.Although I haven't yet tried them all,the following should be searched out.The last one is a little out of the way from the others ,but is almost unanimously considered one of the best.It's at the top of my "next time" list.I've read mixed reviews elsewhere recently however.Decide for yourself.

Pizzeria Starita a Materdei
Via Materdei 27, 28, Naples
Tel. 0815.573682

Of historic significance due to the Sophia Loren connection,but unlike some other famous places this one is said to live up to it's fine reputation.

PIZZERIA GORIZIA
VIA BERNINI 29
(Vomero - Metro Vanvitelli)
Tel.081/5782248

Different in character from all the others and perched high above Napoli as in heaven !

Pizzeria Salvo
Largo Arso 10/16 - San Giorgio a Cremano

I would suggest that anyone going to Naples to look at a Map on-line,get the subway routes guide and plan out a trip accordingly.You can figure out opening times,proximity etc from that and the info posted on this forum.It will save you a lot of head scratching and wasted leg work when you get there.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:29:24 AM »
Hi ebpizza,

Make sure you get to visit Salvo. This was the best pizza we tasted in Naples - in fact in the world ! It is about a 40 minute train trip out of Naples to get to the restaurant, but well worth the effort.

Other "must do" spots should include Da Michele and Sorbillo.

Enjoy, and be on the look out for pick-pockets !

Barry

Offline benito

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
Via Tribuniali is a great street for pizza, people and espresso. El presidente was great but really any shop with VPN conected to it will be great. The cabbies even made us try there favorites, one that comes to mind is tri Nonna right next to DA Michael alot of the pizzerias are grouped together. makes it easy to hit many great spots. The pastries are great too
Have fun Benito

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »
Via Tribuniali is a great street for pizza, people and espresso. El presidente was great but really any shop with VPN conected to it will be great. The cabbies even made us try there favorites, one that comes to mind is tri Nonna right next to DA Michael alot of the pizzerias are grouped together. makes it easy to hit many great spots. The pastries are great too
Have fun Benito

Benito, are you thinking of Trianon?  It's right across the street from Da Michele

pizzapan