Author Topic: Grande cheese in Toronto.  (Read 9941 times)

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
Grande cheese in Toronto.
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:14:53 PM »
While on a visit to one of my bbq sponsor I happened to drive by a grande cheese factory outlet.I pulled a quick u turn and made my way to the store.Upon arrival the first person I talk to is the owner.I asked if they were associated with grande from the states and his answer was no.We had a conversation about pizza and cheese,turns out he is very knowledgable on the subject.He told me that a lot of there product is sold to local pizzerias in the area.
The store i was in must of had 300 ft of deli with every kind of cheese imaginable.Fresh and packaged,and at reasonable prices.The store i was in was said to be one of the smaller outlets out of the 5 they run.He also offered to sell by the case(10 *2 kilo bars) at about a 25 percent discount.Instead I bought 2*2 kilo bars to try before commiting to 10 of these.I was rewarded by getting a ball package for free,turns out if you spend 45$ you are given the choice of one of 3 items.
I made a pizza last night to try out the cheese and let me tell you its very good.No provolone on this pizza,I wanted to get just the mozz flavour,excellent melt characteristics and good flavour.I would give it a four and a half out of five.
Here are the store locations for anyone who might be interested.
175 Milvan Dr,Weston,ont (416)740-8883
468 Jevlan Dr,Woodbridge,On (905)856-6880
9737 Yonge St,Richmond Hill,(905)883-3539
22 Orfus Rd,Toronto,On(416)787-7670
9929 Keele St,Maple,On(905)832-6189
Also costco has Saputo Mozz in 1 kilo bars on sale this week for 2$ off.
Aaron

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Re: Grande cheese in Toronto.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 02:55:37 PM »
Aaron,

Thanks very much for the heads-up.  What's the names of the stores?  Just "Grande Cheese Outlet"?

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 04:09:29 PM »
Grande cheese factory outlet I believe.The company is called Grande cheese.I was at the Jevlan street location but I believe the one on milvan is the factory with a retail outlet on grounds.Vito is the owner of the Jevlan st location.If you go to that one and talk to him he is very helpful.

Offline CanuckJim

• I'd Love to Make Perfect Pizza!
    • Mary G's Artisan Breads
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
Aaron,

Whew, a ray of light.  I live near Port Perry, so most of these locations are within reach.  I'll definitely make a visit or six.  Just posted a request for info on buying Caputo 00 in Toronto in largeish quantities, because I've had no luck to far. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Jim
"Tools were made, and born were hands,"  William Blake