Author Topic: ANY FINAL THOUGHTS OR RESULTS ON THE DENI?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
ANY FINAL THOUGHTS OR RESULTS ON THE DENI?
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
I stumbled upon past posts on the Deni Bella/2100 counter top ovens, but the posts are quite old and opinions seemed mixed.  Although discontinued, they still show up on ebay and I was thinking this might be of use in the summer when blasting the oven for an hour preheat does not make sense.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who put one of these thru its paces might chime in on their experiences or final thoughts/results, with or without the mods mentioned.  It just doesn't look like anyone ever really got one of these pull off a well baked pie even though they did get them plenty hot.
Thanks!
Hog

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
Re: ANY FINAL THOUGHTS OR RESULTS ON THE DENI?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »
My conclusion was that even though you could get the base stone way way hot by modding it, once youopen it to put the pie in you lost all your heat, and the top never came out well done enough by the time the bottom was done; even running the top element full blast.

One great advantage over a home oven is that it takes 20 minutes to preheat instead of 1.5 hours, and doesn't heat up the whole house.

Offline Verace

Re: Given Up on Your Deni or Clone) ?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:56:34 PM »
Some members seem to have given up on the Deni (and clones). :(

Having modded one clone, I agree with some of the disadvantages outlined here.  But I'd like to experiment with further mods as well as running two at once.  If anyone has given up on their Deni, K-Tel Pizza Chef or other clone and want to get rid of it please send me a PM.

I'd be happy to report back on the results.

Verace