Author Topic: Santos Dough Kneader/Mixer  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Matthew

Santos Dough Kneader/Mixer
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »
I recently replaced my Kitchen Aid Pro with a Cuisinart SM-70, which I like very much.  I have wanted the Santos mixer/kneader for quite some time now but was unable to find any Canadian sources.  I have contacted quite a few US retailers; by the time you add the currency exchange, duties, shipping, brokerage fees, etc. it was ridiculously expensive.  On a hunch, I emailed Santos last night & this morning they emailed me back.  To my surprise, they do have a Canadian distributor.  I contacted the distributor this morning & spoke with the sales manager & after conversing with him for a while he agreed to sell it to me at dealer cost (which was less than half of retail) & no charge for shipping.  Now the bad news, there's non in stock so I'm going to have wait 6-8 weeks. :'(  Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.  If anyone is interested, I also have the number for the US distributor, based on my experience, I'm sure you'll get a much better deal than going through a retailer.

Matt
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:17:14 PM by Matthew »

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: Santos Dough Kneader/Mixer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »
Matt,

I just read a bunch of reviews about the Cuisinart SM-70 and SM-55 and they were stellar. A lot of the reviewers mentioned that it outperforms the KitchenAid models.

I'm wondering if you would be willing to part with your Cuisinart once the Santos arrived at its new home?  :chef:
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:59:29 PM »
Matt,

I just read a bunch of reviews about the Cuisinart SM-70 and SM-55 and they were stellar. A lot of the reviewers mentioned that it outperforms the KitchenAid models.

I'm wondering if you would be willing to part with your Cuisinart once the Santos arrived at its new home?  :chef:

Hey Mike,
It is an excellent all around mixer, much better than the Kitchen Aid.  I was going to put it on ebay, I'll PM you.

Matt

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:09:23 AM »
Matt,

What was the price on the Santos??

Offline Matthew

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »
Matt,

What was the price on the Santos??