Author Topic: Lower fat Deep Dish  (Read 1177 times)

Offline zalicious

Lower fat Deep Dish
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »
Here is a pie that I made using only 10% oil in the crust. The stuffing is mozz, feta, spinach, & artichoke. It was REALY good. My favorite deep dish, I think.

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
Re: Lower fat Deep Dish
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:09:24 AM »
Lower fat?  HUH?  But why???  ;D

Kidding, of course. 

That looks like it turned out really well.  10% oil is still a pretty good amount.  Did it seem to be much breadier than others with a higher oil content?  Could you share the entire recipe?

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »
I don't care how much fat! I want some Looks delicious Zalicious hey that rhymes ?
Please share the recipe with us
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline zalicious

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say that I've misplaced the recipe :-[. The pie was made in late November or early December. I will have to do some digging to find it.

Loo, yes it's a bit bready, rather than biscuit like; but since I've never had one of the *real* ones, it's fine for me.

Offline zalicious

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »
OK, this is the best I can do; I've lost the printout with the percentages, but I have the basic recipe. The basis for the pie, before I lowered the oil, I got from this forum. It may have even been yours, Loo? Not sure.
I used a 9" springform pan, greased w/ butter. I think my original printout had the dough going up 2".
241 gr AP
2T cornmeal ( I know that there is a big debate about the cornmeal; I like the flavor & texture )
3/4t IDY
1/2t salt
1 1/4t sugar
2 scant Tb corn or olive oil
abt 2/3 c water ( my notes say 106gr + about 2T. I think it was too dry cause I dropped the oil down )
 Kneaded 2 min.

The filling spices were based on a recipe on the front page. I used:
1/4t garlic granules
1/4t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2t salt
1/4t black pepper
I added this to 8oz (weighed ) mozz & and a thawed & drained box of spinach. I think they are 10 oz?
The feta was sprinkled on top of this mixture. I did not measure; I put in however much the pizza told me to ;D.
For the artichoke, I used about 1/2 of a can of this:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:41:20 PM by zalicious »

pizzapan