Author Topic: Reverse-Engineering Sauce Challenge  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Reverse-Engineering Sauce Challenge
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »
After trying sooooo many sauce bases, recipes, spices still with no success, I was wondering if anyone would like to attempt reverse-engineering a sauce from one of our local pizza places.  I've litterally tried so many product/spice combinations I couln't even tell you how many I've tried--50+?, none being close to a pizza place sauce.  Being so inexperienced with spices/etc. I'm not quite sure what to try next.  Probably my favorite sauce is from Sahara Pizza.  It has a VERY distinct smell/taste.  I assume it is a specific spice but I cannot identify it.  Thought it could possibly be fresh basil but I doubt a pizza chain like that would be going to such lengths.  Pizza factory is another great sauce, very different from Sahara.  Also, Pizza Pipeline, I know it has a little zip of cayenne in it but have no idea on the other spices might be in it?  Anyway, I would even be willing to freeze/ship samples from these places if they are not local to your area. 
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

pizzapan