Author Topic: pizza vending machine  (Read 3609 times)

Offline elicheez

pizza vending machine
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:34:26 AM »
this does not look appetizing

http://wonderpizzausa.com/

Offline LabRat

• I Love Pizza!
Re: pizza vending machine
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:31:19 AM »
There was/is a pizza vending machine here at work that sold "Tony's" pizzas.  Tried it once, much less than impressed with the product :-X.  Never tried one again.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:59:34 PM »
Doesn't look TOO bad, but taste is everything.
Seen a lot of doo-hickeys at the Natl. Rest. Show every May here in Chicago. I saw an oven that cooks a pie in, like, 45 seconds(?).....
I guess you can compare it to Wonder Bread and Grandma's home baked recipe. There's a time and place for everything.

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »
this does not look appetizing

http://wonderpizzausa.com/

It doesn't look too bad, but look at that burned cheese on top in the gallery pics.  Wonder what temp it must be cooking them at to bang it out in 2 minutes?  I wonder if the food dept can monitor the holding temps and dates on the doughs....makes your stomach turn thinking what a rancid pizza must smell like being cooked.  Adam
Adam

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »
It doesn't look too bad, but look at that burned cheese on top in the gallery pics.  Wonder what temp it must be cooking them at to bang it out in 2 minutes?  I wonder if the food dept can monitor the holding temps and dates on the doughs....makes your stomach turn thinking what a rancid pizza must smell like being cooked.  Adam
Do you mean THEIR food dept.? Like most vendors, I am sure they keep an eye out for freshness. Business-wise, it is for their own good. As far as any inspection goes, since it is not wholesale, it would not fall under USDA or State inspection. If there is no meat on it, it definitely would not be under big Gov't. scrutiny, but local Health Code enforcers, depending on the township.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:03:33 AM »

Offline WestCountry

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
This made the front page of Yahoo news links today. My 10-year old laptop will not play the video, so not sure what its all about?  But it mentions "Italian Designers Unveil New Pizza Vending Machine"...

(This might related to the link Bill/SFNM posted above.)

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=12674257&ch=4226714&src=news

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »
Thats the one  Is there really a market for this  ???
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40:58 AM »
My guess is Pizza Hut and/or Domino's will buy it up eventually, either to find more ways to get something called pizza out to paying customers without the need for paying hired help or to keep it from causing any competition. 

My guess is it will be very big in Japan. :)

First microwave ovens and now this.  It's the end of the world as we know it if this thing ever makes it in to the market.   >:D
Let them eat pizza.

pizzapan