Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 53578 times)

ogdred and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #1240 on: Yesterday at 07:04:11 PM »
Jon,

Can you tell us how much dough you used, or the thickness factor and pan size?

Peter

14x10 pan, 600g flour. the rest of the numbers are there. it was a good 2 inches thick
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1241 on: Yesterday at 08:18:21 PM »
BBQ chicken with bacon on half, sticky rum caribe an BBQ was all I had but came out very good!

MrDennyCrane,
Great looking pizzas. Is that first one like a thai chicken pizza? I'm sorry I can't make it out in the pics.  However, that's a great testimonial for that grill-top oven! You're dough/crust looks perfect!
Cheers,
Don

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1242 on: Yesterday at 08:22:34 PM »
Love the way those look! Kudos!  Would love to hear more about your dough formulation if possible.

A few months ago I searched the internet for a dough similar to pepes pizza in new haven ct. Been tweaking this recipe over past few months.

5 1/4 cups (24 ounces by weight) bread flour
2 teaspoons (0.5 oz.) kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons (0.14 oz.) instant yeast (or 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast dissolved in the water)
2 tablespoons (1 oz.) olive oil
1 tablespoons (1/2 oz.) sugar or honey (I did half and half)
2 1/4 cups (18 oz.) room temperature water (less if using honey or oil)

The process is a lot of mixing then letting sit about 4 or 5 times, then kneading  on a lightly oiled surface.

I think it still needs adjusting but it's getting there!

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1243 on: Yesterday at 08:23:48 PM »
Oh yeah 6 hours refrigerated followed by hour or more room temp makes it very easy workable dough. Love working with this dough.

Offline jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Learning and loving it!
« Reply #1244 on: Yesterday at 08:37:08 PM »
A few months ago I searched the internet for a dough similar to pepes pizza in new haven ct. Been tweaking this recipe over past few months.

5 1/4 cups (24 ounces by weight) bread flour
2 teaspoons (0.5 oz.) kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons (0.14 oz.) instant yeast (or 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast dissolved in the water)
2 tablespoons (1 oz.) olive oil
1 tablespoons (1/2 oz.) sugar or honey (I did half and half)
2 1/4 cups (18 oz.) room temperature water (less if using honey or oil)

The process is a lot of mixing then letting sit about 4 or 5 times, then kneading  on a lightly oiled surface.

I think it still needs adjusting but it's getting there!

I especially like your mixing and fermentation method.  And 75% water is interesting.
Thank you very much for sharing!  And, like Don said, I love the look of your crust.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:56:37 PM by jvp123 »
Jeff

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1245 on: Yesterday at 10:32:49 PM »
This is a "Northridge Yuppie" Pizza (aka "NY" Pizza - TM, All Rights Reserved).

Caputo Metro flour with 1%  Mexican avocado oil, my microwave extraction pizza sauce,  three-cheese blend (Saputo mozz, asiago,
sharp white cheddar), Volpi pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, green & kalamata olives.  The crust was brushed garlic-infused olive oil and
fresh basil after the bake.  Baked in the Blackstone oven at 600-ish degrees for 5:00.

This was my first use of Caputo Metro flour in the Blackstone.  It yielded a pie with a little more chew than a similar pizza I made a few days ago using GM Superlative.  It certainly has the potential to make good NY pizzas of all varieties.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline CaptBob

« Reply #1246 on: Yesterday at 11:19:11 PM »
Great pie Jonas!!

Bob

Offline jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Learning and loving it!
« Reply #1247 on: Today at 12:02:53 AM »
This is a "Northridge Yuppie" Pizza (aka "NY" Pizza - TM, All Rights Reserved).

Caputo Metro flour with 1%  Mexican avocado oil, my microwave extraction pizza sauce,  three-cheese blend (Saputo mozz, asiago,
sharp white cheddar), Volpi pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, green & kalamata olives.  The crust was brushed garlic-infused olive oil and
fresh basil after the bake.  Baked in the Blackstone oven at 600-ish degrees for 5:00.

This was my first use of Caputo Metro flour in the Blackstone.  It yielded a pie with a little more chew than a similar pizza I made a few days ago using GM Superlative.  It certainly has the potential to make good NY pizzas of all varieties.

Nice one Jonas .. my wife walked by and said that she loved the foldable slice pic.  So you have another fan.  I'm now one step closer to a Blackstone.  ;D
Jeff

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #1248 on: Today at 04:58:58 AM »
Jonas,

Awesome!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1249 on: Today at 10:03:49 AM »

Online Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1250 on: Today at 10:29:28 AM »
Jonas! You've got mad pizza skills! That is a great looking pie (as always.) Glad to see you like the A Metro flour. Often we see Italian chefs making small batches of dough by hand and you see how resilient the dough is at the end of kneading vs. using a mixer. How did you handle this dough. Also, I wonder what you thought about how the dough came together. Did you notice any difference between it and your regular GM Superlative? I was particularly interested in how it would turn out on a BS. Great result without question. And I have got to try your topping combination
 :drool:
Cheers,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1251 on: Today at 10:48:07 AM »
Hi Don,

This was an impromptu IDY pizza.  I used a food processor for 20-30 seconds to bring the ingredients together.  I then hand kneaded it for about the same amount of time and then I performed a stretch and fold and quickly balled it.

This particular dough ball was a bit too easy to open.  That may have be attributable to a bit too much water or maybe the fermentation went farther than optimal (I slowed it down by putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours toward the end).  If I were less experienced handling the dough would have been a problem. 

My wife, who is an honest critic, thought it was terrific.

Next time I plan on dropping the hydration by 2% and using sourdough, which is allowed under the Northride Yuppie (NY) specification :-p

Offline moose13

« Reply #1252 on: Today at 10:48:21 AM »
That looks killer man!

Online Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1253 on: Today at 11:20:01 AM »

This particular dough ball was a bit too easy to open

"which is allowed under the Northride Yuppie (NY) specification :-p"

I frequently had similar problems with slack dough with A Metro flour unless I cut it with AP. which is kinda "what's the point!?" At the time, I wondered if it was largely my poor dough management skills while doing multi day cold ferments with ADY.  Once I went to SD and controlled 60*-ish temperature ferments, the slackness of dough all but went away. I too backed off on the hydration in both cases and that also helped a lot. I don't think the A Metro absorbs as much or as quickly as AP and other flours typically used on the forum for home pizza.

Northridge Yuppie-style. I love how and why you say that & like your style!  :-D
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #1254 on: Today at 11:22:22 AM »
Dems BIG pies! Was going to ask the ball weight but then saw the pie. MMMMM MMMMMM good eatin'
Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your forthcoming business venture.
Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles