Author Topic: Baker's yeast quantity prediction model - please compare to your results  (Read 38399 times)

Offline c4lin

• I Love Pizza!
There is more bubbles in there than you think. You also need to estimate how much it has increased. If it's close to 2X, you are good to go. It look like it might be ready but could also go longer. It's hard to tell much from here. You just have to bake them and see how they come out. After you do it a few times, you will get a good idea what to look for.

I plan to bake in 4h, so will cool them a bit... so for next experiment, I will try reducing yeast % by 25-30%...

C

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Test and tweak. That's the best thing you can do. It won't take too many times to figure out what works for you.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline c4lin

• I Love Pizza!
So the dough was definitely over-risen... It wouldn't fall off the Tupperwares since all the bubbles create a web-like surface, very tough to dislodge and then open/shape... It would be anything but round when done dislodging. Flavor was great, but I think that's way too much rise...

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Hmmmm. Well, it tasted great....and it looks great...So, the problem is that..uh, uh....huh?

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
If all the sucky pizza in the world were like that we'd probably have world peace.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
From here it's just a matter of practice. After you make a few dozen, everything will be easy.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline c4lin

• I Love Pizza!

From here it's just a matter of practice. After you make a few dozen, everything will be easy.
Thanks guys, yeah, it's not really a lack of skill, not an expert of course! But these balls were almost impossible to dislodge, had to manually get them out, they need to come off cleanly to have a better shape!

C