Author Topic: NJ Boardwalk Pizza  (Read 151302 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: NJ Boardwalk Pizza
« Reply #1840 on: April 11, 2014, 10:48:15 PM »
LOL Norma!!!  I'm fine, thanks, and so are Ann and Kenny.  My shoulder was a little sore from kneading my own dough all winter long and, yeah, shoveling too much snow.  All good now, however, except my trucks always seem to give me bloody knuckles no matter how dry my skin is.   :)

Speaking of which, I did notice, as this long, hard winter progressed, the store-bought King Arthur bread flour I normally use was getting drier and drier due to the ongoing lack of moisture in the air.  For that very reason, I always seemed to be adjusting the water content upward.  As of right now, I'm still using about 25% more water in my dough mixes than I had before.  It could still be awhile as the weather warms, the average humidity increases, and that dry flour cycles out of the system.  Perhaps you may have been affected by this phenomenon as well depending on how and where your suppliers warehouse their products.   ;D

Pete,

Glad to hear you, Ann and Kenny are doing fine.  I know about shoveling too much snow.  I got my snow-blower finally repaired right but then it didn't snow enough to use it.

I also had been adding more water to most of my doughs but have stopped that recently.  Wow, 25% additional water was a lot to add.  My distributor does not have any heat in their warehouses where I purchase my flours.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan