Author Topic: My new oven  (Read 10580 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: My new oven
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
SWEET! Glad your cookin with fire
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Matthew

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 06:02:23 AM »
Thanks alot guys.

Matt

Offline Matthew

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Finally all done!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
Looks great Matthew! Good feeling eh? DONE I remember that day when I said I am done with this.  ;D Does the door come off? what size opening is it ? can you use a 14" peel ? Have some fun now and dont forget the residual heat the next day!
John

Offline Matthew

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 11:09:33 PM »
Looks great Matthew! Good feeling eh? DONE I remember that day when I said I am done with this.  ;D Does the door come off? what size opening is it ? can you use a 14" peel ? Have some fun now and dont forget the residual heat the next day!
John

Hey John,
Sure is a great feeling.  The door is 2 pieces & I remove it when I make pizza.   The opening is about 14".  My pizza's are about 11" so I use a 12" load & an 8" round to spin & remove.  My last firing was at about 950 degrees; after 2 days it was still about 300 degrees.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
Hi Matthew, Can you tell me the color and the type of paint you used on your oven ? it looks really nice and your pizza is mouth watering. I have a primavera 70 and your color would match our patio . thanks for any help,Larry.

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Dude, that's PERTTY!
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline Matthew

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
Dude, that's PERTTY!

Thanks alot, it took a bit of time & some hard work.

Matt

Offline Matthew

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 07:50:34 PM »
Hi Matthew, Can you tell me the color and the type of paint you used on your oven ? it looks really nice and your pizza is mouth watering. I have a primavera 70 and your color would match our patio . thanks for any help,Larry.

Hi Larry,
The paint is actually mixed together with the stucco finish coat.  The manufacturer is Durex & the colour code is 5494.

Matt

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
Matt,

That monster looks awesome!! A job more than well done, bro.  ;D

Can't wait to see some of the first pics of your oven in action and the pies that it will produce.

Good job.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
Matt,

That monster looks awesome!! A job more than well done, bro.  ;D

Can't wait to see some of the first pics of your oven in action and the pies that it will produce.

Good job.

Hey Mike,
Great to hear from you bud.  Thanks alot for the props.  I've been following your NY post; gotta say man; looking good ;)
Ya, it's quite a monster.  Takes alot of wood to heat this baby up.  It's a little bigger than I wanted but it was the last one available & I didn't want to wait 3 months for the next shipment so I grabbed it.  My only opportunity to fire it up is on the weekends; the weather has been totally crap & I was on vacation last week so I haven't used it since before the finish coat & the chimney were completed.  We're suppose to get good weather this weekend & I'm having my annual pool party so we'll see how it goes.  Not sure how good my pies will turn out after a few margaritas >:D

Take Care,
Matt

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »
Been there done that !they will come out fine ! enjoy the party and watch the arms on the in and out that metal gets !@#$ HOT!
john

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »
Matt,

Thanks for the compliment on the NY pies. I wish I'd have more time these days to pursue it a little more but business finally is picking up again after a severe slow phase so that's obviously a priority.

Well, given the last pies I've seen from you, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about with your new oven, bro. Use your guests at the pool party as guinea pigs :) At least that's what i did the last couple of times I had parties.

It's a little bigger than I wanted...

That quote made me laugh....reminded me of what my GF said in the beginning when we started dating  ;D

Juuuust kidding!!!

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
Is this more like yours Matt? Seems the chimney is in fron and the measurments are larger: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-36-/120692200027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c19d0d25b

Offline Matthew

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
Is this more like yours Matt? Seems the chimney is in fron and the measurments are larger: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-36-/120692200027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c19d0d25b

No, have a look at the 1st picture on this thread.  Mine didn't come with a vent.  The vent was constructed on site using firebrick & a premolded precast vent.  The one that you referenced would work out well if you were being enclosed in a structure of some sort.

Matt

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
i see alot of top commcercial ovens have the pipe in the middle of the oven. I mean even is if i bought the first one http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-40-/120684602591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c195ce4df i think it would be cool for the home setting and to learn and not use my reg oven. What you think maybe i would insulate it as you did just to be sure it works well. Where did you buy ur insulation blanket?

Offline Matthew

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
i see alot of top commcercial ovens have the pipe in the middle of the oven. I mean even is if i bought the first one http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-40-/120684602591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c195ce4df i think it would be cool for the home setting and to learn and not use my reg oven. What you think maybe i would insulate it as you did just to be sure it works well. Where did you buy ur insulation blanket?

Yes but they are vented from the front & the pipe that you see in the middle is connected to the vent, it's not from a hole cut into the dome.  I'm in Toronto & purchased all the materials from a local supplier.

Matt

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
Ok cool good to know im confused now dont know what I will get but i will egt something portable for sure.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
If portability is kind of your main concern, the P70 would be your best bet. It weighs around 700lb compared to Matts oven which is about double at ~1330lb. You could have a local fabricator make a stand for the P70, offer some pies and he might knock off a few bucks.

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 01:46:26 PM »
I actually emailed them about the portuguese oven and asked about how high the oven temp got up to. His response was it goes up to 600 but u only need 420 for ideal pizza making.