Author Topic: How would you promote text coupons?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline PizzaTXT

How would you promote text coupons?
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
As I have alluded to before I have built a texting service specifically for Pizza restaurants called PizzaTXT.com .

Because of the huge investment normally required we have made it a ‘pay per text’ without monthly fees. It relies on restaurants advertising their text number and using that as a route for sending coupons when customers request them – as opposed to the sometimes spam-risky services where customers subscribe to receive a regular offer.

I am putting together some guidelines and suggestions for stores to get their text code and number out there and asking on this and similar forums for help.

So far we have
Box toppers, fridge magnets, in store table toppers and door hangers. Does anybody have any other suggestions that are commonly used?

If anybody has any feedback that would also be appreciated – it was well received at Pizza Expo (at the Maps.com booth with all of the basketballs) which now seems months ago!!

Thanks,
Rob

wwwdotpizzatxtdotcom

Offline smarttowers

Re: How would you promote text coupons?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
This may seem counter productive but have you considered making contracts with some of your customers to put the info on their pizza boxes or is that what you mean by box toppers? Seems like one of the best places to advertise this service would be the customers that would use it. Another place to advertise if your market includes college towns would be their college papers. Penny savers or similar publications, craigslist, may even try doing some sort of contest to get initial customers. Get the pizza places to advertise your service on their website. May even try setting up a text system where they can txt your service to get all the pizza places who currently have coupons on your service and give them the numbers to txt for the individual participants. Now I imagine the overhead for a text service wouldn't be that high. You could possibly look at having a heavily discounted service that the services could opt into that you get say a tenth of your normal fee per text that would send out coupons in bulk when a customer requested it or even just sent out the list of places participating. This would allow customers to decide what place they are eating at based on the best coupons as they are currently able to do through normal advertising methods.

But I would definitely try advertising anywhere that a normal pizza place would. Take out full page ads similar to the customers but instead of coupons in it have cards that will fit in a wallet with the business information on it.

Offline PizzaTXT

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:44:19 PM »
Thanks! We are actually offering this to the restaurants to use, but I am trying to give some ideas on the website - in other words suggesting the best ways to make the product work.

Normally the cost of these services is hundreds per month, so we have cut the overhead right down based on the theory that if enough restaurants try it and make it work, we can charge for the text messages rather than asking restaurants who often have extremely limited resources to use the same sort of marketing that the big chains are working with.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

www  pizzatxt com

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »
If you haven't already done so, you might want to register at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6 and post your questions there where pizza operators visit.

Peter