Author Topic: Can you tell dough recipe from image and description?  (Read 742 times)

Offline s00da

Can you tell dough recipe from image and description?
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »
The below image is actually taken from http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/04/the-pizza-butler-a-spacesaving-pizza-tray.html talking about this cool space-saving serving pan.

My question is about the pizza itself and I hope some dough experts would give it a shot and analyze it the dough.

I had a very similar looking pizza at a pizzeria in London that advertises it under the "authentic italian" phrase. Regardless of the origin, I found the crust very interesting in texture. It had a very nice crunch to it but it also had some kind of flakiness to the outside shell. When you bite into it, it crunches with a very soft flaky sound. It was also very flat with almost no oven spring. The inside of the crust has a slight chew to it. The bottom of the pizza was not charred but browned exactly like the rim you see on this image. I remember it was baked in a wood burning oven but the fire was very mild that it took the pizza around 5-6 minutes to bake. What I like about this pizza is that it maintained most of its texture even after re-heating it in the microwave at night.

Saad
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:27:45 AM by s00da »