Author Topic: Rectangular Pan Pizza  (Read 2476 times)

Offline PizzaManic

Rectangular Pan Pizza
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:38:47 AM »
Hi Guys
Its been a pretty long time since my last post.
Time was just not on my side these past few months.

Anyways I thought I'd do some Pizza Making tonight before I loose the nick of it.

I have a nice size rectangular pan and was wondering what sort of pizza I could make. The size for the pan is (29 X 23 CM).

Here is the requirements

1) A thick Base Pizza - Pan Style
2) I dont want to use oil in the pan as it becomes too greasy and I have some health freaks that's going to be joining in the meal so they wont be too happy. I am sure a little bit of oil wont be  problem
3) Something on the light and crispy side.

Also I would be baking this in a convectional oven.

What sort of recipe would you guys suggest.
I know that the above is similar requirements to what I've made before in my experiments with Pizza Hut Pan Pizza except for 2 differences. 1 is I am going to be using a Rectangular pan. The other is the exclusion of oil in the pan.

Recently on holiday I ate pizza in a little town where the pizza was very nice. I wont say I want to duplicate it the exact way that they make it but I have to make it in a rectangle. It's sort of a different look.

Please advice

Regards
PizzaManic
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:30:25 AM by PizzaManic »

Offline zalicious

Re: Rectangular Pan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
Have you checked out the recipes in the Sicilian section? There are a several good ones there. I use less oil in the pan that suggested, with good results. Perhaps you could just wipe down the pan with some olive oil?