Author Topic: Fibrament oven stone used in grill?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline ray_iii

Fibrament oven stone used in grill?
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
Newbie here!

I am looking to purchase a Fibrament stone and have 2 questions:

1.) For the people who have bought the "Grill" version with the "flame deflector", what is it essentially? Can I just buy an aluminum pan separately and put it underneath the stone? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $14 for the "grill version" of the fibrament.

2.) Any pros/cons to the circular vs. rectangular Fibrament? I'll primarily use it in the oven, so I thought rectangular would suffice...But then I thought it would be nice to have the option to move it to my charcoal grill??  Are charcoal grilled pizzas sufficiently better/different to warrant buying the circular one?

Thoughts??

Looking forward to diggin' in to this forum!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: Fibrament oven stone used in grill?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Newbie here!

I am looking to purchase a Fibrament stone and have 2 questions:

1.) For the people who have bought the "Grill" version with the "flame deflector", what is it essentially? Can I just buy an aluminum pan separately and put it underneath the stone? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $14 for the "grill version" of the fibrament.

2.) Any pros/cons to the circular vs. rectangular Fibrament? I'll primarily use it in the oven, so I thought rectangular would suffice...But then I thought it would be nice to have the option to move it to my charcoal grill??  Are charcoal grilled pizzas sufficiently better/different to warrant buying the circular one?

Thoughts??

Looking forward to diggin' in to this forum!

1.) It's an aluminum pan. A buddy of mine bought one for his gas grill. The thing is, the Fibras can't be exposed to a direct flame, hence the pan. I don't know if a regular aluminum pan will suffice. I've heard of some melting,s o i'd go and spend the extra $14.

2.) Well, if you also like to use it on your BBQ I'd go with the rectangular one. If you use it in your home oven you won't need the aluminum pan.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/