Author Topic: Found 6 in 1 - Denver  (Read 1843 times)

parallei

Found 6 in 1 - Denver
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
We went searching for 6 in 1 last Saturday in Denver and found two places that carry them.  They are all on, or right off, Wadsworth Blvd.  Iíve listed them from North to SouthÖ

Vinnolas Italian Market
7750 W 38th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303) 421-3955‎
South-west quadrant Wadsworth and 38th

A not very interesting bakery, but they do have 6 in 1ís.  They also said they could order if someone wanted some extra.

Dolce Siciliant Italian Bakery
3210 Wadsworth Blvd
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303) 233-3755‎
North-east quadrant Wadsworth and 32nd

No 6 in 1, but they have sfogliatella so stop in for a coffee and pastry.  It is half way between the other two places.

Carmine Lonardo's Italian Meat Deli
7585 W Florida Ave
Lakewood, CO 80232
(303) 985-3555‎
North-east quadrant Wadsworth and Florida

A funky deli-market.  They have 6 in 1 and make their own sausage.

Offline Major Icehole

Re: Found 6 in 1 - Denver
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »
You can also find them at Valente's in Westminster. They also make their own sausage and carry a number of other specialty Italian ingredients.  The owner told me if there was something I was looking for he'd be glad to order it for me.  He also offered to get me cases of 6 in 1's if I wanted them.

See this thread for details. pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7833.0.html  

I'd hyperlink that thread but new members can't do that. :/

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:35:28 AM »
I'd hyperlink that thread but new members can't do that. :/

Major Icehole,

After five links, you will be able to post active links.

Here is the one you referenced: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7833.0.html.

Peter

Offline Major Icehole

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »
Thanks Pete!

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:18:18 PM »
I would recommend everyone skipping Carmine Lonardo's if you are buying 6-in-1's... I just drove all the way out there only to find they were trying to sell them for $5 a can.  COMPLETE rip-off.  You can buy direct from Escalon, 6 cans for $16.50 total SHIPPED (so basically the price of 3 cans here).  That is what I will do from now on.   
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

parallei

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
abatardi:

You're right.  It is a rip, but seems to be the going price around town.  I bought two cans there to try out and have since ordered, and used, most of a case direct from Escalon.  Direct order is the only way to go.  In a few weeks I'm going to run up to Rocky Mountain Milling in 
Platteville and get 50#ís of their high gluten (13.8%) conventional flour.  Last I spoke with them, it was $18.  You, or anybody else in the Denver area, can send me a private message if you'd like to go in on some or have me pick you up a 50# sack.  I'll post a firm date for the trip to Rocky Mountain Milling in the next week or so. 

Paul

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »
abatardi:

You're right.  It is a rip, but seems to be the going price around town.  I bought two cans there to try out and have since ordered, and used, most of a case direct from Escalon.  Direct order is the only way to go.  In a few weeks I'm going to run up to Rocky Mountain Milling in 
Platteville and get 50#ís of their high gluten (13.8%) conventional flour.  Last I spoke with them, it was $18.  You, or anybody else in the Denver area, can send me a private message if you'd like to go in on some or have me pick you up a 50# sack.  I'll post a firm date for the trip to Rocky Mountain Milling in the next week or so. 

Paul

Paul, yeah kind of sucks... I guess I am used to Bay Area prices on the Escalons.  I currently have a 50# sack of RMM Aspen Organic (basically AP flour) sitting in my pantry so I am good for a while.  Let me know how the 13.8 works out for you.

- Aaron
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:57 PM »
 >:(

I would recommend everyone skipping Carmine Lonardo's if you are buying 6-in-1's... I just drove all the way out there only to find they were trying to sell them for $5 a can. 

I was shocked at the price at Carmine Lonardo's in Aurora as well. At Valente's in Westminster (Thornton?) they are $2.69 ... about half the price. They also sell one of the greatest creations EVER... a premade hamburger patty that's half ground beef and half homeade Italian Sausage. They call them "combos" or something.

Valente's also said they'd order me a case of cans OR order a #10 if I wanted.

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »
I get 6 in 1's  there also at Valente's, but sometimes they are out. Its not a bad idea to call and check before you go - especially if its a long drive to get there.

They have Cento and a lot of other brands as well, as well as Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour (if they are not out).

Chris