Author Topic: Amazing Race--Gino's East Pizzeria  (Read 2810 times)

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Amazing Race--Gino's East Pizzeria
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:19:24 AM »
Hey, did anyone see the finale of the Amazing Race last night?  The last task they had to perform was eat two slices of deep dish pizza at Gino's East.....I was like, "Wow, well, that would've been an easy task for me!!"  But there seemed to be problems with some people....one girl was ready to vomit, she kept saying, "This is disgusting," as she struggled to finish her pizza.  Rowf?

Dave

Offline Giovanni

• Supporting Member
Re: Amazing Race--Gino's East Pizzeria
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:36:17 AM »
I didnt see it but how could you not eat 2 pieces of pizza? I know they are big slices but come on. I can easily eat 1/2 of a 16" NY pie and sometimes more if I'm really hungry. To this day my wife is still shocked everytime i eat that much.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 09:39:48 AM »
That's exactly what I was wondering too.  I can eat a whole 16" pie if it's really good.  Now, I know not everybody can do that, or wants to, but the way this girl was acting, she seemed to be really turned off because it tasted horrible, not just because she had eaten a lot of it.  Strange.....

Dave

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:41:52 AM »
Yah I saw it also, ok the pizza was large or "deep" but on at the edge... the slices were also small, the pie wasn't even a family sized pie.
Anyway yeah, here this girl is eating the pie, almost throwing up and complaining ..... what a joke.... the boyfriend was saying this is a million dollar pizza, and it is the best pizza you'll ever eat hahaha, anyway she finally got it down, - but yeah she looked ill.

The pizza looked damn good hoooooo.

Anyway I think she's lucky they didn't have to eat something like cows tongues, or buffalo balls like they do on Fear Factor.

Wow, so they won $1,000,000 .... and will take home what ? $400,000 ? as Uncle Sam takes his slice .... that's one good thing about
Canada ( when you win a lottery it's 100% yours .... the government doesn't and can't touch one penny of it )
  ;D

Mark
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:31:12 AM »
maybe she was a vegetarian  ;D

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 01:52:12 PM »
Wow, so they won $1,000,000 .... and will take home what ? $400,000 ? as Uncle Sam takes his slice .... that's one good thing about
Canada ( when you win a lottery it's 100% yours .... the government doesn't and can't touch one penny of it )
  ;D

I'm moving to Canada.....  ;)
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
The only problem, is that our money is worth ziltch up here Deven  ;D

1 dollar Canadian is worth 2 cents U.S. haha,

some American refer to our money as "monopoly money" and rightly so  ^-^

Offline Qfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »
I can't understand why these places allow these 'reality' shows to be filmed at their restaurants, especially when contestants react like that mullethead!  I do NOT watch this Amazing Race thing, but my wife is thoroughly addicted.  She reported that on the previous series of this show where they went to a 4* Hungarian restaurant in Budapest where they had to eat some spicy soup and some dumb arse was spitting and barfing this stuff up like it was Drano or something.  I asked if it was some 'special' over-seasoned concoction to nauseate the competitors, but, apparently, no, it's just their house special paprika-laced soup!  I can see why these restaurants might view this opportunity as 'any exposure is good exposure' but, c'mon, it can not be good when folks are gagging on your house specialty!!! 
My wife also watches that other reality show where they merrily chow down on maggots, pig rectums, mealworms etc, but these are people eating items right off the menu of well-known and respected international restaurants and acting like doofuses (doofi, in the plural?).  Plus that Amazing Race has to be the greatest commercial to help push and promote Americans as the most ignorant, self-centered, beligerent, obnoxious nationality on the planet.  No respect for other cultures and people as they barnstorm across the earth in quest of the almighty dollar... I think it's horrid.
Well, now that I've got that off my chest... what's for dinner?  LOL
Qfan

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 02:20:02 PM »
Probabally pizza tonight for me  :P

you guys ?

Mark

pizzapan