Author Topic: Recent build of earthstone  (Read 7722 times)

Offline fcbuilder

Re: Recent build of earthstone
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
That is the way it looked like the way they were built . They framed out the door and then slide the slats of ipe wood in.I am better off letting them do it because machining that wood Is not as easy as regular wood so Its best to leave it up to them. Do you mind me asking how much just the doors cost you so I could get a idea. Thanks fc.

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
Some really tough wood I can tell you that! You better have New bit when drilling this stuff for mounting to concrete! I'll pm you all the details.  think  just under 4 large for the complete doors. so you can imagine the island. Here are the close up of door you asked for, along with the custom cover I had the local boat maker make to protect my investment to give you some idea. The actual oven is pennsy field stone (rock) so no needy nothing :D just a few board to keep rain and snow from getting in and freezing
John
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:30:51 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
This is one of the most beautiful outside kitchens i've ever seen. I wish to have one like this one day.

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »
Thank you Jason,
I also hope you and everyone who is as into this as I am, have one of these someday. Atruly social and (full)filling  experience ;D I dont regret a thing I did or $dollar I spent. Its all about the outdoors these days, so I figured the return would be there should I ever bail out of this Money trap, ( I meant house)
Start planning now, and before you know it you will be starting the fire.
John

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
Hi John,
Just looked at all your pictures and your oven is awesome.  I never saw anything so beautiful before.  I am new to the pizza business and am trying to learn all I can.  I just opened a stand at our local farmer's market yesterday making pizza.  I am trying different recipes with dough.  I still am not sure which one I will eventually use all the time. It went great yesterday and was the first time I actually make pizza.  It was a lot of confusion, because I am not an expert, but in time I will learn.  At least my customers really liked my pizza and all the comments were positive.  I could only dream of having an oven like yours.  Put that into my dreams for now.  I really admire you for planning and building this impressive oven.
Always working and looking for new information!

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »
Thank you Norma!
I really appreciate the wonderful comments! Makes it all worth while ( the pizza ain't bad either!)
Congrats on the new Farm stand. and I admire you for doing that! I wish you much success. I would also like to start someday in my copious spare time ??? Doing a few markets, town days, fairs etc... I have been looking for a mobile oven to come up, I would prefer Wood Fired Oven, however for profit I think other option may be better suited for this. This type of wood fired pizza is not generally available at such events. And if you read Tommyguns and others posts in the mobile oven threads it brings in the whole package together Fire, Fun and Food ;D In fact the last event I was at My Town Day, Had a guy with a heater box bringing in Pies from his pizzeria maybe 10-15 minutes away. I watched, and he was selling slices like crazy. and the small, soggy, tasteless, undercooked, undercheesed,  cold, .... slice was 3 bucks! What a sin! I wanted to call the Pizza Police!
I am no expert either but I have learned so much on this site I cant begin to tell you.
What has been your best dough to date ? you cook fresh right? in what type of oven ? what type of ingredients are you using.
Good luck and most of all Keep it FUN :chef:
John

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:44:14 AM by JConk007 »

Offline NY pizzastriver

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
John.

I was browsing this section, with big dreams of making an outside oven one day, and I found this. Mind you I'd seen your oven in your avatar, but seeing the construction and final layout is amazing. 1st off, wow! What a project! It looks like you are quite the craftsman. To top it off by surrounding it  with the premo  granite top and custom built cabinetry, just beautiful. This is a guy who really has a true passion for fine workmanship, and pizzas! You must have the neighborhood kids (and adults) standing at the curbside looking at you, with pouting yet hopeful faces, awaiting invites for a charitable slice. That's easily the one of the sweetest bbq areas I've ever seen.

I also immediately noticed we have the exact same trees and vegetation, I said to myself this guy is close by, and in looking at your profile...sure enough... Jersey! So Howdy neighbor (!) and I'll be there in 2 hrs for a fresh pie! Any toppings will do, I'm not picky.  :P (hahaha)

Really great work, glad I spotted this
J
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:37:47 AM by NY pizzastriver »
"If God said you can come to heaven now, but you have to stop eating my pizza, you'd stay and finish instead, right?" - Essen1

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »
Hey Thank you J,
All it takes is a dollar and a dream !! ;D  and a few pallets of Pa. fieldstone stone and fire brick that were not used by the neighbor when they built the addition,...  and a credit card , and some beer for the block helpers, and the desire for great pizza.
Hey man, you and any forum member, local, or visiting are allways welcome for a pie. Just bring dough (the flour kind!) Min 3 days fermentation is all I ask. ( just kidding,really I dont care I'll try anything in there!) I allways have plenty of tomatoes and goodies in the pizza closet. And I have the silly hat for parties too! Fun Fun
And yes when the neighbors smell the fire they all of a sudden remeber to bring back that tool they borrowed, or stop by to see how grass is growing, or if the local tree disease have got to my back yard trees yet!
Lovin the  Oven plan to cook with fire again this weekend. YUM
John
just cuaght your post I left room for the smoker to the left of the oven!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:53:10 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
I want one........very nice John. That would look real nice on my back patio next to the grill and smoker ;-)

Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline NY pizzastriver

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »
Hey Thank you J,
All it takes is a dollar and a dream !! ;D  and a few pallets of Pa. fieldstone stone and fire brick that were not used by the neighbor when they built the addition,...  and a credit card , and some beer for the block helpers, and the desire for great pizza.

Lol, funny paragraph!  ;D

Yes I can see the neighbors doing just that, lol. "Let me check your lily's for spots for ya, there's a lot of that going around this year... hey whatcha making? Smells good!"  It sounds like a wonderful neighborhood to be in. Enjoy, and be proud indeed!
"If God said you can come to heaven now, but you have to stop eating my pizza, you'd stay and finish instead, right?" - Essen1

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
Jon,
I have seen the Finished product (awesome ribs and butt,) but not the actual smoker you use to create such culinary excellence. Any pics of that bad boy? Any recommendations or suggestions  for a smoker? I am just a rookie get the propane jobber or is it something you get and buy only once?
Thanks
Other John

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »
You've got mail....
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Gruffs

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
John,

I would be careful.  I hear that the smell of good pizza/grilled foods attracts the New Jersey   >:D

..... I think I see him behind your shed!!

- Gruff Brothers

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
If I see that NJ >:D I will send the RANGER after him :)
J

pizzapan