Author Topic: Pizza Hut's New Viva Lasagna Pizza  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Pizza Hut's New Viva Lasagna Pizza
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:29:58 PM »
The following article, from BakingBusiness.com, reports that Pizza Hut is introducing a new pizza called Viva Lasagna Pizza. From the overlaudatory tone of the article, it appears to be derived from a Pizza Hut document. I have not seen the product on the latest PH online menu, but from a search it appears that the pizza may have been a product offered internationally, including The Phillipines. A photo of the latest pizza can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nixienix/3540997191/.

Pizza Hut introduces Viva Lasagna Pizza

Known and loved by the world for its rich flavors and distinct aroma, Italian cuisine has long captured the culinary fantasies of millions of people across the globe.

And while a slice of pizza or a serving of lasagna may satisfy one's momentary craving for Italian dishes, neither can compare to the unique and exciting flavors that can only be found in Pizza Hut's newest offer.

Part-pizza, part-pasta, and 100% Italian goodness, the new Viva Lasagna Pizza has everything a gourmand can look for, with the noticeable addition of a few yummy culinary twists that one has come to expect from Pizza Hut.

Launched recently to beef up the restaurant's popular Viva Italian Pizza lineup, Viva Lasagna Pizza is a deliciously unique blend of pasta and pizza rolled into one mouth-watering recipe.

This one-of-a-kind pizza is made irresistible by tasty lasagna meat sauce, four layers of delectable cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, and topped by strips of lasagna pasta.

Viva Lasagna Pizza also uses Pizza Hut's distinctive Viva crust. Never too thick or too thin, this new crust boasts of a soft texture that captures the essence of a true Italian pizza.

"With Viva Lasagna Pizza, we give our customers bonding moments with twice the flavor and twice the fun at very reasonable prices. It definitely makes every dining experience memorable," said Elaine Guzman, vice- president, Pizza Hut.

Peter

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Re: Pizza Hut's New Viva Lasagna Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »
Hopefully even in this country (US) where more is more and in this economy people will not buy this. Being Italian aside, this just seems wrong.

I would go so far as to ban anyone from my house who brought one over, or at least (in a more passive aggressive way) make fun of them non-stop until they left in shame never to return again. :'(  >:D

Jeff
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.