Author Topic: Pizzeria Bianco  (Read 9229 times)

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
Re: Pizzeria Bianco
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »
You should start with the ham and pineapple!  :P :-D
Oh, I do. We hardly sell any ham and pineapple anymore.

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
But in regards to taste, I don't really think one can argue about taste. You can serve, what some people might consider, the perfect food in a restaurant, there will always people who dislike it. Same goes for music, some like Rock over Jazz, some find Opera more exciting than Blues. In terms of pizza, I'm sure there are some who prefer Pizza Hut over Bianco's pies even if that's hard to believe.

Well said.

Offline bicster

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »
Perhaps bicster could share with us his profession where it is "very scary" that the customer is right?  My curiosity gets the best of me, sorry....
~sd

Anesthesiology resident

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
Anesthesiology resident

Yes, I guess you're right... that is kinda scary.  However, I have never really thought of myself as my doctors' "customer" since they have the training which I don't.  I believe that a patient should be involved in his or her care, but to insist you are correct and the anesthesiologist is wrong is foolhardy at best.

To put this back in terms of pizza, I have to agree with the other posters who pointed out that taste is subjective and no pizzeria is going to have 100% rave reviews, but it is the pizzaiolo who is right... it IS his dream and vision and choice of style.  If the customer doesn't agree or like the product, he should find a pizzeria that does fit his tastes.  I have been known to change banks, insurance companies and doctors because I didn't like the "goods and services" they were selling.  Same with pizza.  But, I don't tell them all that they were wrong and I was right.  What is perfectly fine for Jane Dough may not be right for sourdough girl.

my favorite pizza comes from my kitchen.

I think this is the crux of bicster's "problem" and why he was disappointed with the pizza at Bianco's.  He should actually be very proud that he can create a pizza at home which, to his personal taste buds, is better than Chris'.  Once you have your own pizza perfected, or at least close to it, other places pale in comparison.  Makes it hard to go out with friends for pizza!  If you do go out, you seldom like the pizza as well as your own... but, more often, your friends want the evening out to be pizza at YOUR house, instead!

Terry, glad to hear that you've all but killed the ham and pineapple pizza!  I also agree that when a customer is wrong or making unreasonable demands, they should be told so, nicely.  A lot of corporations (notably the two I worked for) are VERY reluctant to do so.

~sd
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:28:34 PM by sourdough girl »
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline robert40

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
I visited Pizzeria Bianco prior to the Oprah/Martha Effect. The line started forming at 3.10 pm.  I'm sure their attention boosted business without a doubt, yet long lines existed long before.

Offline bicster

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »
Yes, I guess you're right... that is kinda scary.  However, I have never really thought of myself as my doctors' "customer" since they have the training which I don't.  I believe that a patient should be involved in his or her care, but to insist you are correct and the anesthesiologist is wrong is foolhardy at best.

To put this back in terms of pizza, I have to agree with the other posters who pointed out that taste is subjective and no pizzeria is going to have 100% rave reviews, but it is the pizzaiolo who is right... it IS his dream and vision and choice of style.  If the customer doesn't agree or like the product, he should find a pizzeria that does fit his tastes.  I have been known to change banks, insurance companies and doctors because I didn't like the "goods and services" they were selling.  Same with pizza.  But, I don't tell them all that they were wrong and I was right.  What is perfectly fine for Jane Dough may not be right for sourdough girl.

I think this is the crux of bicster's "problem" and why he was disappointed with the pizza at Bianco's.  He should actually be very proud that he can create a pizza at home which, to his personal taste buds, is better than Chris'.  Once you have your own pizza perfected, or at least close to it, other places pale in comparison.  Makes it hard to go out with friends for pizza!  If you do go out, you seldom like the pizza as well as your own... but, more often, your friends want the evening out to be pizza at YOUR house, instead!

Terry, glad to hear that you've all but killed the ham and pineapple pizza!  I also agree that when a customer is wrong or making unreasonable demands, they should be told so, nicely.  A lot of corporations (notably the two I worked for) are VERY reluctant to do so.

~sd

It is very important to be an active participant in your care.  Likewise, Dr. Oz and "Dr." House should not be your frame of references for questioning my plan of care.

Anyway, my favorite pizza is my own, more so because it is something I made by hand, not b/c it is the best tasting out there.  The sum of the experience makes it the best.

Offline Chef_Boy-R-Dee

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »

Anyway, my favorite pizza is my own, more so because it is something I made by hand, not b/c it is the best tasting out there.  The sum of the experience makes it the best.

Ah-ha!
"Simplicity is Complexity Resolved"

-Constantin Brancusi

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »
Likewise, Dr. Oz and "Dr." House should not be your frame of references for questioning my plan of care.

I have yet to find a reference from SDGirl that has "House" or "Dr. Oz" in any of her posts. I don't think she was questioning your plan of care but I have to agree with her in the sense that a patient or doctor, such as yourself, should have a close relationship when it comes to individual care and options of treatment.

With that said, I think that the phrase "The customer is always right" doesn't really apply in your field since most of us are not extremely well-versed when it comes to knowing what treatment options are best for us, the common consumer. That would be up to docs like you. And my hat goes off to you since I have the utmost respect for docs, nurses and other medical workers in general.

But whether you're a Anesthesiologist or a home pizza baker, a little bit of self-critique when tasting your own pies or medicine, for that matter, is always a good idea. Too much, though, and it can become an obsession very quickly, hence the need for such a forum like this one.

Happy Baking and putting people to sleep!  ;)

Now...back to the subject at hand.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline bicster

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 11:14:04 AM »
I have yet to find a reference from SDGirl that has "House" or "Dr. Oz" in any of her posts. I don't think she was questioning your plan of care but I have to agree with her in the sense that a patient or doctor, such as yourself, should have a close relationship when it comes to individual care and options of treatment.

Happy Baking and putting people to sleep!  ;)

I didnt see anywhere in my post that indicated her specifically.  It was more of a general statement/rant.  I apologize if she took it otherwise.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 06:25:34 PM »
Again, old thread, but I have to respond.

A customer ISN'T always right, but if your in business...and you WANT to make money (with few, few exceptions, and Bianco may be one of them) you HAD BETTER make the customer BELIEVE he is always right. The restaurant is a people business.  Unless your product is the VERY BEST (and millions of people know this, not just you) you won't be in business very long.

Just my two cents.